CSI Camera Thermal and RGB

Hi everyone,

I've a camera with thermal and rgb block. When I use the nvgstcapture-1.0 I just see rgb image. How can I change the camera block for thermal?

Thanks.

hello ngtfriend,

this is not default supported, you should debayer the data manually and output the thermal data by yourself.
please refer to Argus example, cudaBayerDemosaic, thanks

I did not find any forum about it. Can you help me?

I would like to see the image in thermal, because in RGB it’s possible.

Tks.

What gives (assuming your camer is V4L node /dev/video):

# v4l2-ctl command is provided by apt package v4l-utils

v4l2-ctl -d0 --list-formats-ext

If it shows a GRAY8 mode for thermal, not sure but you may try (assuming the TX1 has X running):

gst-launch-1.0 -v nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=GRAY8' ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink

# Or
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=GRAY8 ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink

This gst command should be a package, right?

How can I install it?

hello ngtfriend,

here’s command to install gstreamer-1.0. $ sudo apt-get install libgstreamer1.0-dev
BTW,
may I know what’s the sensor types, what’s the bayer pattern shows? how this thermal data came to CSI engine.
thanks

I executed the command that you said, that’s the result:

I’m going to install gstreamer.

thanks

Ok, this is a bayer RG10 sensor. You would use argus for debayering it.

However, you didn’t answered to the most important questions from @JerryChang :

• what’s the sensor types ? (camera model ?)
  • what does the bayer pattern shows?
  • how this thermal data came to CSI engine ?

How are you supposed to select between RGB and thermal ? Does the camera driver create a second video node for thermal ?

ls /dev/video*

If this shows /dev/video1 you may retry the same v4l2-ctl command as before with -d1 instead of -d0.

Is it custom setup or the whole is done by a vendor ?
For the latter case I cannot say without more info, but for a custom setup, I’d expect a USB link for Boson.
Do you have an USB cable for connecting Boson to Jetson ? If yes, you may check for kernel error messages with dmesg. You may put the logs into a kern.log file and attach it to your next post:

sudo dmesg > kern.log

[EDIT: Also seen this post, but it is several years old, someone better skilled would better tell.]

[EDIT2: Just a thought, not sure at all, but if you’ve installed gstreamer you may try to display one of the last modes listed (1288x738). There is a bug in v4l2-ctl where it fails to display correct framerate if multiple ones are available for same resolution in same format. But 60 fps should be ok, so you would try :

gst-launch-1.0 -v nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=NV12,width=1288,height=738,framerate=60/1' ! autovideosink

]

hello ngtfriend,

how’s the connection of this setup? according to that picture, I doubt the thermal data is sending to Jetson individually.
please contact with your sensor vendor, do they have examples to output both normal display and thermal preview image for confirmation?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.