CUDA Profiler Tools Interface (CUPTI) for CUDA Toolkit 12.0 is now available for download in the NVIDIA Registered Developer Program.
The NVIDIA® CUDA Profiling Tools Interface (CUPTI) is a dynamic library that enables the creation of profiling and tracing tools that target CUDA applications. CUPTI provides a set of APIs targeted at ISVs creating profilers and other performance optimization tools:
- the Activity API,
- the Callback API,
- the Event API,
- the Metric API,
- the Profiler API,
- the PC Sampling API, and
- the Checkpoint API
Using these CUPTI APIs, independent software developers can create profiling tools that provide low and deterministic profiling overhead on the target system, while giving insight into the CPU and GPU behavior of CUDA applications.
CUDA Profiler Tools Interface (CUPTI) for CUDA Toolkit 12.0 includes these improvements and updates:
CUPTI has made the following changes as part of the CUDA Toolkit 12.0 release:
- Added new fields
maxActiveClustersto help in calculating the cluster occupancy correctly. These fields are valid for devices with compute capability 9.0 and higher. To accommodate this change, activity record
CUpti_ActivityKernel8is deprecated and replaced by a new activity record
- Enhancements for PC Sampling APIs:
- CUPTI creates few worker threads to offload certain operations like decoding of the hardware data to the CUPTI PC sampling data and correlation of the PC data to the SASS instructions. CUPTI wakes up these threads periodically. To control the sleep time of the worker threads, a new attribute
CUPTI_PC_SAMPLING_CONFIGURATION_ATTR_TYPE_WORKER_THREAD_PERIODIC_SLEEP_SPANis added in the enum
- Improved error reporting for hardware buffer overflow. When hardware buffer overflows, CUPTI returns the out of memory error code. And a new field
hardwareBufferFulladded in the struct
CUpti_PCSamplingDatais set to differentiate it from other out of memory cases. User can either increase the hardware buffer size or flush the hardware buffer at a higher frequency to avoid overflow.
- Profiling APIs are supported on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) with WSL version 2, NVIDIA display driver version 525 or higher and Windows 11.
CUPTI has made the following fixes as part of the CUDA Toolkit 12.0 release:
- Removed minor CUDA version from the SONAME of the CUPTI shared library for compatibility reasons. For example, SONAME of CUPTI library is libcupti.so.12 instead of libcupti.so.12.0 in CUDA 12.0 release.
- Activity kinds
CUPTI_ACTIVITY_KIND_MARKER_DATAcan be enabled together.
For more information on CUPTI for CUDA Toolkit 12.0 , including features, requirements, documentation and support, please visit the
CUPTI Overview page.
To download this version, get it as part of the CUDA Toolkit CUDA Profiler Tools Interface (CUPTI) for CUDA Toolkit 12.0 .
Version 2022.4.0 Overview & New Features | Download | Documentation