CUDA version N/A (Jetson Orin Nano 8GB)

Hello I am new using Nvidia.

I already had CUDA 12.6 but I download and Install CUDA toolkit 12.9. As I noticed that the environment I need to work is 12.6 I decided to remove CUDA toolkit and install once more the CUDA toolkit 12.6.
For the removal I used the following link’s instruction.

After downloading and installing the CUDA toolkit 12.6 once more, i check the CUDA version using the command nvidia-smi but it still appear as N/A.

Fri Jun 27 16:38:57 2025
±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 540.4.0 Driver Version: 540.4.0 CUDA Version: N/A |
|-----------------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+
| GPU Name Persistence-M | Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap | Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
| | | MIG M. |
|=========================================+======================+======================|
| 0 Orin (nvgpu) N/A | N/A N/A | N/A |
| N/A N/A N/A N/A / N/A | Not Supported | N/A N/A |
| | | N/A |
±----------------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+

±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes: |
| GPU GI CI PID Type Process name GPU Memory |
| ID ID Usage |
|=======================================================================================|
| No running processes found |
±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I try to run the CUDA install command once more but it shows as it is already installed.

nextorage_ai@nextorageai-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get -y install cuda-toolkit-12-6 cuda-compat-12-6
[sudo] password for nextorage_ai:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
cuda-compat-12-6 is already the newest version (12.6.36890662-1).
cuda-toolkit-12-6 is already the newest version (12.6.11-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I am a confused as what should I do next. Did I made a mistake removing the CUDA toolkit? How can the version show in the nvidia-smi command?

Thank you very much in advance

I followed a guideline and it shows via nvcc -V command the following reply.

nvcc -V
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2024 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Wed_Aug_14_10:14:07_PDT_2024
Cuda compilation tools, release 12.6, V12.6.68
Build cuda_12.6.r12.6/compiler.34714021_0

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but does this mean that the CUDA Version is up to 12.6?

With the nvidia-smi command It still shows the CUDA version as N/A