cudaOpenMp is missing a openmp flag! (behavior appears on SDK 3.0 3.1 3.2)

Hi guys,

I seems that the cuda openMP example is not getting compile under windows with openMP support!
This lead to the example to only launch one thread… and not the a number equal to the number of GPU…

I appears on visual studio 2008 SP1 (windows 7 and windows XP)

In order to solve it one as to go to
Project Properties > Configuration Properties > CUDA Runtime API > Host > Extra C++ Options
to add /openmp

I hope this will help some people.
Cheers,
Koubiak

Hi guys,

I seems that the cuda openMP example is not getting compile under windows with openMP support!
This lead to the example to only launch one thread… and not the a number equal to the number of GPU…

I appears on visual studio 2008 SP1 (windows 7 and windows XP)

In order to solve it one as to go to
Project Properties > Configuration Properties > CUDA Runtime API > Host > Extra C++ Options
to add /openmp

I hope this will help some people.
Cheers,
Koubiak

Thank you for sharing this information!

Do you also know how to do it in Visual Studio 2010? Because I don’t have the option ‘Extra C++ Options’ in the Host menu and adding ‘/openmp’ to the command line does not seem to work.

Greets,

Martijn

Thank you for sharing this information!

Do you also know how to do it in Visual Studio 2010? Because I don’t have the option ‘Extra C++ Options’ in the Host menu and adding ‘/openmp’ to the command line does not seem to work.

Greets,

Martijn

maybe this helps:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=200744&st=0&gopid=1242508&#entry1242508