cufft and OpenMP gives problems cufft troubles with openmp

Hello all,

I’m trying to use cufft, but have a problem. I need to do many crosscorrelations, and do this using 2D fft’s. The program is compiled with openmp support.
If I run the program with only one thread, everything is fine. If I try to use more threads, then at one point two plans will be made with identical handles, and
the cufft lib will start producing error messages. So far, I’ve tried to add omp critical sections (locking), I’ve tried to create unique streams for all plans, nothing works.

Note that the cufft lib just has a .h header, the rest of the program is completely unaware of CUDA, and it’s compiled with g++.

Any suggestions ???

Many thanks in advance,
F Beekhof

Hello all,

I’m trying to use cufft, but have a problem. I need to do many crosscorrelations, and do this using 2D fft’s. The program is compiled with openmp support.
If I run the program with only one thread, everything is fine. If I try to use more threads, then at one point two plans will be made with identical handles, and
the cufft lib will start producing error messages. So far, I’ve tried to add omp critical sections (locking), I’ve tried to create unique streams for all plans, nothing works.

Note that the cufft lib just has a .h header, the rest of the program is completely unaware of CUDA, and it’s compiled with g++.

Any suggestions ???

Many thanks in advance,
F Beekhof

Extra Information:

Ubuntu 10.4 (64 bits)
CUDA 3.1
NVIDIA X Driver 260.24

Hardware:
nVidia Corporation G84 [Quadro FX 570] rev 161, Mem 256Mb
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400

Extra Information:

Ubuntu 10.4 (64 bits)
CUDA 3.1
NVIDIA X Driver 260.24

Hardware:
nVidia Corporation G84 [Quadro FX 570] rev 161, Mem 256Mb
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400

For useful answers to my questions, look here: [url=“The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA”]The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA

For useful answers to my questions, look here: [url=“The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA”]The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA