Custom carrier board

Hi,

we are designing custom carrier board with Xavier NX module.

Is it possible to generate basic custom board dts with help any existing tool/script and later i can edit as per the requirement? what are the best possible ways to ease the process of generating dts for custom board

Thanks,
Arun

Hi Arun,

Unfortunately, there is no such method. There are too many users with multiple kinds of designs, so there is no dts file that can 100% satisfies the need.

Please learn to modify the nvidia official dtb file to match your board.

@WayneWWW
Thank you for the reply.

you mean to say use “tegra194-p3668-all-p3509-0000.dtb” devkit kit dtb and convert this dtb to dts and make changes as per the custom board. Is my understanding correct

also one more query,
for MB1 Configuration Changes,
I have downloaded the Xavier NX pinumux table, updated as per my board and generated .dtsi from it. Now while converting dtsi to .cfg, do i need to follow any naming convention and how these updated configurations are picked

Thanks,
Arun

Hi Arun,

you mean to say use “tegra194-p3668-all-p3509-0000.dtb” devkit kit dtb and convert this dtb to dts and make changes as per the custom board. Is my understanding correct

Yes, that’ right.

I have downloaded the Xavier NX pinumux table, updated as per my board and generated .dtsi from it. Now while converting dtsi to .cfg, do i need to follow any naming convention and how these updated configurations are picked

It depends on you. If you have a new BCT file name, you have to go to the board config under Linux_for_Tegra to modify the config name to your own file.

@WayneWWW
Thank you for the reply

How to validate whether new configurations are applied or not

If this is pinmux config, you could use tool devmem or devmem2 to read the register value and see if it takes effect.

@WayneWWW
@kayccc
@JerryChang
Thank you for the reply.

I am planning to use R32.4.2 for my custom board (with Xavier NX production SoMs) but R32.4.2 seems developer preview release. Any issues with this version?can it be used for production releases

Thanks,
Arun

hello arun_dasari,

FYI,
according to NVIDIA JetPack SDK, JetPack-4.4 (l4t-r32.4.3) is the latest production release, supporting all Jetson modules.
you may work with JetPack-4.4 for your production release candidate.
thanks

Thank you for the reply.
seems both are Jetpack-4.4, Interested to know difference between (l4t-r32.4.2)Developer preview release and (l4t-r32.4.3)GA release

Thanks,
Arun