Deepstream-app example with NvBufSurfTransform

Hi,

I have 4 cameras.
My goal is to be able to zoom in and provide different layout of the cameras.
I suppose that this might be accomplished using NvBufSurfTransform.
How to use NvBufSurfTransform in deepstream-app?
Is there any example?
Any help will be appreciated!

• Hardware Platform (Jetson AGX Xavier)
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• JetPack Version 4.6
**• TensorRT Version 8.0.1 **
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type questions

you can use nvvideoconvert plugin, which will call NvBufSurfTransform, please refer to Gst-nvvideoconvert — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation
please refer to deepstream sample deepstream-appsrc-test, and here is a commandline:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/nvidia/Videos/t.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! nvvideoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=I420,width=1280,height=720 ! xvimagesink

Hi fanzh,

Thank you for helping!
My goal is to switch zoom in and out and do many different layouts dynamically using deepstream-app.

Is gst-nvvideoconvert plugin the way to achieve this?
Since about deepstream-appsrc-test the explanation is this “Demonstrates AppSrc and AppSink usage for consuming and giving data from non DeepStream code respectively.”. Which is something different.

Excuse my confusion but I need additional info. Could you help with that?

1. yes, gst-nvvideoconvert can do scaling, please refer to the plugin introduction.
  2. you can find gst-nvvideoconvert in deepstream-appsrc-test, then you can refer to how to use this plugin.
  3. the above commandline is also a sample to use gst-nvvideoconvert.

Thanks again!

Is it possible to mix frames from different cameras using gst-nvvideoconvert I have 4 cameras running simultaneously? And I want to display the 4 cameras at the same time?

The question might be an easy one but I need to clarify.

please refer to deepstream-test3, it can mix multiple source by streammux plugin, nvmultistreamtiler plugin can display all sources in one window. here are some references:
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_plugin_gst-nvstreammux.html
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_plugin_gst-nvmultistreamtiler.html

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.