Device tree ugrade time after upgrading device tree using debian package on jetson tx2 4GB

Hi,

i am using jetson Tx2 4GB module with SDK 32.4.3.

i am upgrading device tree using below link:

Customize JetPack Installation with OTA Update - RidgeRun Developer Connection

after upgrading when i am seeing the dtb file time it is showing device bootup time…is it correct or it should show dtb build time during compilation.

after updating i am checking

ls -l /boot/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-0888-a00-00-base.dtb

can you please clarify which time it will show…my changes are updating after dtb upgrade that i have verified.

hello anupam.kumar,

I don’t understand your questions clearly, did the device tree changes taking effect?

you should also review, $ dmesg | grep DTS to see the absolute path of the de-compile dtb binary, it’ll show the path of your local machine if you ever compile it and replace the binary successfully,
thanks

yes my changes are taking effect…but updated dtb file on the board will take which time…current time or build time of updated dtb.

i am talking about below time
root@tegra-ubuntu:/home/ubuntu# ls -l /boot/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-0888-a00-00-base.dtb
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 253865 Feb 1 11:47 /boot/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3489-0888-a00-00-base.dtb

suppose i have already flash a image and dtb time on board was 4 july and now i compiled new image with dtb change on 6 july…after dtb upgrade which time it will show on board for dtb.

hello anupam.kumar,

this file, /boot/dtb/*.dtb , it’s the one on your rootfs, it’s the time when you’ve create the image for flashing.
for example, please check your local host for this, $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/

when you’re using $ sudo ./flash.sh -k kernel-dtb, this command perform partition flashing, it writes the device tree blob to the device tree partition. so, once you don’t have FDT entry specify in the extlinux.conf, it’ll load device tree blob via kernel-dtb partition.

but now i have FDT entry in extlinux.conf file…so after dtb update via debian package after that …this upgraded /boot/dtb/*.dtb files will have which time it will take device bootup time or compiled time on my system $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/ …i want to clarify time here?

hello anupam.kumar,

is this debian package overwrite the binary on your rootfs?
if that’s only binary update, the file will have compiled time.

FYI, there are actually two possible ways of designating a device tree. The first is using a partition, the second is via a file in “/boot/dtb”. Partition update uses a flash command to change the partition content, while the file itself can be simply copied in like any other file. The trick is that your system might be pointing at either one depending on configuration, and so you might update one and it will work, but the content in the other will be ignored.

If you use the “/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf” file to name the device tree file via the “FDT” key/value pair, then the file is used. If you have not specified this, then the partition will be used. Did you update with flash, or with a file copy? If file copy, have you added a correct FDT key/value pair in extlinux.conf?

Warning: If you’ve burned security fuses, then only the partition will be accepted. During flash of a partition the partition is signed (even if the partition signing is NULL for a case with no fuses burned).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.