DLSS on Unreal Engine 5.0

hello

I’m using DLSS on Unreal Engine 5.0 and I have these questions:

How should I consider Upscaling in the : movie render queue ?
How can I enlarge a render with DLSS?
What is the total size of the enlargement?

the image I want to render in movie render queue is static .

Is it possible to use DLSS with Path Tracing?

thanks

Hi there @abiliofernandes, welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

There is a section in the Quick Start guide covering the movie render queue. That should get you started.

The documentation also explains in quite some detail how to enable DLSS super resolution in your UE project.

The total size depends on your system capabilities and render setup. From the software side I am not aware of an upper limit. But you will run out of resources at some point.

And yes, path tracing and DLSS can work together.

But let me ask you this: If you are rendering a static image in the movie render queue, why would you want to use DLSS super resolution instead of native rendering? You are not constrained by real-time performance, or are you?

Thanks!

hey

you asked :
But let me ask you this: If you are rendering a static image in the movie render queue, why would you want to use DLSS super resolution instead of native rendering? You are not constrained by real-time performance, or are you?

actually I want to speed up rendering using : movie render queue .
it’s possible ? as ?

thanks

I am not an Unreal expert, but Movie Render Queue (MRQ) is to create movies, cut scenes, cinematics and the like. That means it should not matter how long the rendering process takes. Unless you have such high resolution and high poly-count scenes that one frame takes minutes or hours to render. But in that case even DLSS will not help you, since you will still need to render at some resolution.

So yes, you can use DLSS Super resolution with MRQ, but if you find your render process being too long now, it might not speed it up significantly.

Hard to say more without knowing more details about your project.

hey

actually I want to render a static image of 2x2 meters with 300ppi to print it.

Do you have any suggestions on how I should render in Unreal Engine?

thanks

Is there a tutorial for using DLSS with Path Tracing?

thanks

Like a screenshot? Then DLSS is not for you. DLSS relies on things like motion vectors to infer the “in between” pixels, so for still images I would rather render in native resolution. But you can of course experiment and even without upscaling you might benefit from DLAA (Deep Learning based Antialiasing).

The size you are talking about means 23622x23622 pixels, that resolution is better rendered in tiles. Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq7w0EUtdX0 which should be still valid in terms of settings to create tiles.

Regarding DLSS&Pathtracing I am not aware there is any specific tutorial for that. But I can recommend checking out the last few “Level Up with NVIDIA” Webcasts where these different techniques are explained in some detail.