DO I NEED to enable secure boot before disk encryption?

Hello,
I am using Jetson Xavier NX production board. I have been trying to enable disk encryption for last few weeks with no success. I am not considering secure boot at this moment. Now my question is “Does it necessary to enable secure boot before disk encryption?”.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

hello user159607,

I’ve never test this, however, it’s worth a try to test disk encryption without SBK.
it’s Trusty retrieves user_key from eks.img, and loads the key for decryption.

so,
you should see this session, Tool for EKB Generation, for using EKB generation tool by running the python script, gen_ekb.py to generate eks.img
(note, sym.key is the user_key has mentioned above.)
please update the eks.img to the target accordingly then test the disk encryption functions.
thanks

Hi @JerryChang ,
Thanks for your reply. I can give a try but I didn’t find the python file gen_ekb.py. Can you help me to locate the file path?

Best,
Akter

hello user159607,

it’s in the public release sources package. please download L4T Driver Package (BSP) Sources via https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra page,
you should extract trusty_src.tbz2 and you’ll see the python file, ../trusty/app/nvidia-sample/hwkey-agent/CA_sample/tool/gen_ekb/gen_ekb.py

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.