Error in debug Window (Nvidia Nsight Eclipse)

Hello,

I’m trying to debug a toy program using the debug mode on Nsight Eclipse. My installation is the following:

Ubuntu 16.04 + CUDA 8.0 RC + Nvidia Nsight Eclipse Edition 8.0 + Nvidia Driver (361.62) + GTX980

My error is kind of strange. While stepping the source code with the visual debug tool included in the Nsight, suddenly the image gets frozen. I cannot move to another program using Alt+Tab or another workspace using Ctrl + Alt + Arrows Keys, forcing me to reset my PC. It happens randomly sometimes it takes a few key strokes, others several.

Would you mind to indicate to me if it is a known issue and how to solved it? Have other users expirience it?

I will remain at your disposal in case you might need further information of the above bug.

Looking foward to your response.

Regards.

Hello,

I have to point out that software preemption debugging mode is activated. I saw that it is necessary for single-GPU environments, to avoid freeze X11 server. It is strange, maybe because it is in beta it doesn’t work correctly?

Could be the fastest solution to buy an inexpensive new GPU to use it for display?