Ethernet Port not working + SD Card bay not working

No, just the last one, the one I have now, In this I am sure I have the jetpack version 4.6 (L4T version 32.6.1)
Let’s see what happend when I downgrade…

So far no luck with L4T 32.5.1. Ethernet port does not work and the sd card port neither.
Will try another much lower version.
Juan Pablo

Hi,

Can you also plug the sdcard to the board and share the full dmesg? You can attach the dmesg as a text file so it would be easier for me to check.

I have installed jetpack 4.4 (L4T version 32.4.3-20200625213407). The same problems still present:

1.- Ethernet Card does not get recognized, it says “cable is unplugged”

2.- The SDcard is not recognized.

I got the output from the dmesg before connecting the ethernet cable and inserting the SDcard, and you have it attached. This file is exactly the same as the one I have after connecting the ethernet cable and inserting the SDCard (also attached)

out_dmesg_Ethernet_SDCARD (70.4 KB)
out_dmesg_no_Ethernet_no_SDCARD (70.3 KB)

Please let me know what else can we do to debug the problems I am having. I believe the more sensible could be to have a new unit. Regardless the version of jetpack I use the same problems are present, I understand this as a clear indication of hardware problems.

Regards
Juan Pablo

Do you have a hardware engineer on your side that can check the signal of SDMMC_VDD_EN and SDMMC1_ CD?

Both of your cases (eth/sd) just show no response and no error log…

Such no response probably means the hardware side does not detect a ethernet cable/ sdcard…

No, I do not have a hardware engineer in our team. If you can provide any tutorial I can try to do it by myself.

I am also no hardware guy so cannot give you direct tutorial.

The point here is you should check the cd gpio and sdmmc_vdd_en. As below picture, it is gpio02 and gpio21.

I understand this could be relevant, but I do not see the point on controlling this by ourself. What could happend if we detect a malfucntion in the hardware? I guess you would poceed with a replacement. It seems clear that something is not working I believe the best option is to send back the unit and all these hardware controls to be done by the Nvidia experts. I defintiely would like to know the results of these tests.
By the way, costumer care already authorized the RMA.
Thank you for your time and effort.

I understand this could be relevant, but I do not see the point on controlling this by ourself.

I am not asking to you to control it.
My point is you can measure this GPIO to confirm that if this is really no response. If this is really no response, then we can confirm that this is really a hardware problem.

All of these tests are under one condition that you still want to debug. If you don’t want to do this, then you can just RMA them.

It is not that I don’t want, it is that I can’t do it… I mean this is a “serious” and advanced tests, you cannot ask a simple costumer like to test this kind of things; mostly because Nvidia sells the product basically as a plug-and-play item.
Once again, thank you for your help.

1 Like

Honestly, this is not a very serious and advanced test. It is just checking gpio pins.
We also don’t know what kind of customer you are and to what extent you want to debug an issue. Some users here tend to checking such board design stuff and they enjoy it. I just provide necessary info here. It is very common.
If you want a direct RMA, then just do it for your own best.

I even do not know what tool should I use to measure whether in the pins you indicate there is signal or not.
Can you mark the pins in a picture of an actual jetson agx xavier developer kit?

Hello
Today I have received a new unit. The two same problems persist.
I have installed version 32.6.1 of L4T.
1.- When I plug the ethernet cable on a network card connected to the PCIe port everything works. Thus, I can discard to have any issue on the network cable or router.
2.- When I place the sd card in the sdcard reader of a different computer, it is perfectly recognized.
Is there any issue related with the “activation” of these two elements after having installed the system?
Thank you and regards
Juan Pablo

Ok, I don’t think such issue would keep happening to so many boards after replacement. Also, you are the only one who reports such issue.

1. For the ethernet cable, please just connect the ethernet cable to the port, check if the LED gets light up. And dump the dmesg. Please do not connect PCIe eth adapter. It will just make noise to the debug.

2. For the sdcard issue, please make sure you really plug the card fully into the slot because there is no spring on the AGX devkit sdcard slot.

Also, both of the interfaces you have here are easily “loose out” from the port. So please make sure your really connect the cable/sdcard firmly.

Just want to confirm since this has been one month ago. We are talking about AGX devkit, right?

Yes, it is an AGX developer kit.

With regard to the leds, when I plug the Ethernet cable nothing happen, they do not flash. I have tested this without the external Ethernet card on the PCIe slot. This evening will send you the output of dmesg. When I said the point in relation to the use of the Ethernet connected to the PCIe slots, it is just to show that the cable works.

As I say, this evening will send the output of the dmesg

Juan Pablo

Hi, have you tested other sd cards? It could be compatible problem.

In the first and in the second units I tried the same SDCard unit worked perfectly. In any case, what filesystem do you recommend?

Juan Pablo

I mean filesystem format.

The filesystem does not matter at all. In your previous board, the kernel does not detect the sdcard at all.

Which means the hardware does not detect the card at all.

Under such case, we don’t need to care about the filesystem. And currently, there is no dmesg shared yet, so I cannot tell if the same case happened again.