Exposure time longer than 750 ms

Hello!

I have made Sony sensor driver for the TX2 and I can’t seem to get exposure time longer than about 750 ms. I have noticed on all other cameras, which are supported by default, that the exposure time in Argus can’t be set more than about 1 second.

I need to get at least 5 second exposure times on image capture. Judging by the fact that the exposure settings work on my driver correctly and it just freezes when I set it to more than about 750 ms in Argus camera, for example - it probably has to do something with the Jetson. Is it something to do with ISP? I really need to get this to work.

Thanks!

When the exposure too much cause the frame rate to low would cause capture failed due to timeout.
Have a try below command before start camera APP.

sudo service nvargus-daemon stop
sudo enableCamInfiniteTimeout=1 nvargus-daemon
1 Like

Wow, thank you very much for this! This was the last thing on my project and now I can capture long exposure images. :)

By the way, there’s sometimes the frames twitch for couple of frames at random. Is this something about when the framerate is not completely in sync with the exposure time?

Maybe, you can confirm if raw data from v4l2-ctl

What do you mean by ‘if raw data’?

Below command can capture raw data from sensor without ISP process. But you need to configure the exposure first.

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=20 --stream-to=test.raw

Do you happen to know the reason why:

sudo service nvargus-daemon stop
sudo enableCamInfiniteTimeout=1 nvargus-daemon

Doesn’t work on the Nano? Thanks!