I have been experiencing an issue running Unreal Engine on my Linux machine where upon shutdown the whole OS freezes. This can happen with either the Unreal Editor or a packaged game built with Unreal. It has also happened at other times while using the Editor, but happens most consistently (maybe 1/3 times) on shutdown. I can’t even do a TTY switch, have to hard restart.
Upon restart, if I look at the Unreal log it ends with
[2019.12.04-14.34.09:117]LogRHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up on occlusion results. (0.5 s) [2019.12.04-14.34.09:624]LogRHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up on occlusion results. (0.5 s) [2019.12.04-14.34.10:124]LogRHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up on occlusion results. (0.5 s)
I managed to ssh in during the crash and run nvidia-bug-report.sh. It hung as well, but managed to get attached log.
Here’s as much relevant info as I can think of:
- Unreal 4.23 (but happened on 4.21 as well)
- Machine is a late 2018 Razer Blade 15
- GPU is GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2
- Driver is 410.78
- CPU is Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz × 12
- 16gb Ram
- 500TB SSD, dual booted with ~160gb for linux
- Happens with OpenGL and Vulkan
- Happens with a vanilla Unreal C++ project
- Same everything (project, unreal, machine) works fine on Windows
Any help appreciated!
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (65.3 KB)