Gameworks Flex - install on Unity3D

Is there any way to install Flex on Unity without having to write a C++ wrapper for Unity?

Has anyone used Flex successfully on Unity? Are there any limitations on resources when you use Flex on Unity?

thanks!

Flex is just a library so you will need to write a wrapper for it. I’m currently in the process of writing one for unity. I’m using the rendering code found in the flex demo which uses opengl and glsl shaders. One limitation is that the editor and any app built with the flex plugin will need to be forced into using opengl to use flex.

For seamless unity support you would need to write d3d9, d3d11, d3d12, and opengles flex rendering code. I’d check out [url]http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/NativePluginInterface.html[/url] for some information about native unity plugins.

Hector, thanks for all the info!

Do you plan to release or sell the FLEX wrapper?
I am coordinating this project and the developer is worried about the overall complexity of coding the wrapper…

huge thanks

I’ll most likely sell it if the flex license allows it. I’m just working on it in my free time though, so it could be a couple months before I get around to finishing it.

Unless flex is going to be a core feature of your game, writing a unity wrapper probably isn’t currently worth your time. It really only works on a decently high end computer, it is in beta so there are bugs, and it would take at least a month for a full time dev to really integrate flex into unity.

got it, thanks for the feedback.

Wow, a month for a full time dev! Can’t afford this…
The thing is that FLEX is at the core of our problem solving.

I would definitely be interested in buying the asset if available. Can you send me your email or Skype by private message so we stay in touch?

thanks

I would definitely be interested in buying the asset if available. Can you send me your email or Skype by private message so we stay in touch?

thanks

thanks

thanks
Posted 10/30/2015 08:20 PM