Gnome night light not working under Wayland

Nvidia not listening to her customers, how strange is that! Even so, we can make a bet here in which version of Driver Nvidia will support night light and gamma_lut in Wayland: I think the most probably date will be end 2026, when my graphic card will be burned already

4 Likes

Is there any update on this? Could we get an expected date? I am shopping AMD cards as a workaround. Thanks!

I’m tired of waiting. I think it’s time to switch to AMD.

2 Likes

Please give us an ETA or some sort of update, I am replacing my GPU next week and if this issue remains hanging in the air I am going with AMD RX 7xxx series, as nvidia seems so unreliable when it comes to these issues.

As a user disappointed with an Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 and its lack of Wayland support in Gnome, I’m thinking of replacing it with an AMD Radeon RX 550 with full Wayland support: https://www.amazon.es/Tarjeta-RX-550-Computadora-DisplayPort/dp/B09SKZSDRT/ Does anyone recommend me a better alternative in Lowprofile?

Still nothing Nvidia? It’s almost like y’all don’t care about y’alls customers anymore. Oh wait…

low profile, low power: Radeon™ RX 6400 D6 LOW PROFILE 4G Key Features | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

I have it on media pc, plenty fast, and power efficient, also - cheap

I started this tread in order to get notified if and when the missing functionality gets implemented. All these comments about nvidia being bad are getting annoying as they are filling up my mailbox. Use X11 or get an AMD card. Or even an Intel one, I don’t care.
All this whinging is unlikely to help. Linux is a minority, deal with it.

2 Likes

I agree, buying AMD solves this problem. Intel will soon make Arc more available for AI, then CUDA will not be needed for workstations.

When?

I regret not buying AMD GPU a lot

sorry for this. but, is more cheap change the DE

but this no means should’t be fixed

greetings

it’s Nvidia Wayland lacking the feature, no matter what DE you use.
unless you mean a X11 DE… try to be correct even if you’re gonna be useless

Posting on forums isn’t a good strategy for getting people to write desktop related code for a primarily server operating system.
Then when you post about buying a competitor product, you decrease the priority even further.
In reality, your best strategy at this point is to consult your hardware vendor (MSI, Zotac, whatever…) and your OS vendor (redhat, ubuntu, whatever) if you absolutely need to be using Linux on a desktop with wayland today.

1 Like

change the name of the topic to something more correct

greetings

Are Nvidia developers planning to attend Hackfests/ShellDisplayNext2023 - GNOME Wiki!? Seems quite related @amrits @aplattner

NVIDIA is one of the richest companies in the world. How can you really be so slow? You sold your card, what about next? How many more years do we have to wait? Just a terrible experience…

It’s about priorities and not speed. Something only a handful of people use isn’t going to be high priority for a large company.

Of course, it’s normal for them to give high priority to Windows. In our case, there is no such thing as a handful of people. Don’t NVIDIA have dedicated developers for Linux on their staff? That’s exactly what I’m talking about.

I would guess the windowing system itself is irrelevant to their workflows or their customers’ workflows.