gstreamer omxh264enc issues with Jetson

I have the following gstreamer pipeline with Jetson Tk1:

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! tee name = t ! queue ! omxh264enc rc-mode=0 ! 
'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc' ! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink location=test.mp4 t. ! 
queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw, width=480,height=270 ! xvimagesink sync=false

This pipeline starts and records for a minute or so and then always freezes at some random point. If I just show the image without recording, this works fine:

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! videoscale ! video/x-raw, width=480,height=270 ! xvimagesink sync=false

I tried many things including reducing bit rate and adding a videorate filter to reduce the frame rate to 15 (instead of 30) but this still happens.

I was wondering if someone else has had these issues or have suggestions to try.

I am using gstreamer 1.6, which I have compiled from sources using the script that actually comes bundled with Jetpack for TX1.

Hi xargon,

What’s the BSP version your’re using now? r21.4?
What’s your camera model/type?
Is there any heat issue on your TK1?

Can you also do a test with following command to identify whether issue come from camera:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! tee name = t ! queue ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc' ! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink location=test.mp4 t. ! queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw, width=480,height=270 ! xvimagesink sync=false

Thanks