H.265 encoding support and video streaming

Presently We are using L4T 23.2 SDK for TX1 processor. We have couple of queries -

1)We would like to do H.265 Video encoding along audio encoding and store it as MP4. But We could not find H.265 support in application like nvgstcapture.
2) We also need to do RTSP streaming

Please Let us know the appropriate application to be used.

Thanks.

That guide says how to run sample streams using gstreamer & gst-launch.

You would use gstreamer to do the rtsp streaming as well: RTP and RTSP support

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We have already referred that pdf and planned to use nvgstcapture-0.1 for our requirement(H.264 video and audio encoding). But now our requirement has changed to H.265 video and audio encoding. Whether we can go with nvgstcapture-0.1 itself?

All nvgstcapture is is an application built on gstreamer provided by nvidia for simplicity sake, but i do not think it should be used for any actual end application.

Either way the issue here are there are 2 primary versions of gstreamer available:

Nvidia does not provide (to my knowledge) an h.265 encoder element for the 0.10 version. Only for the 1.0 version.

Hence nvgstcapture-0.1 does not support h.265 since it uses gstreamer-0.10
nvgstcapture-1.0 does support h.265 since it uses gstreamer-1.0

Ok. nvgstcapture-1.0 supports H.265 since it uses gstreamer-1.0. We have not found audio support in nvgstcapture-1.0 as per its README.txt file. Should We add support for Audio encoding?

nvgstcapture is only a camera application for testing.

Like i said, you should probably use gstreamer or at the very least gst-launch if you are going to be doing anything out of just standard video capture.