HDMI Display monitor is not turning on with NVIDIA TX2 board

HI Niranantany
Is the dmesg in #20 from tx2-b? Do you have UART serial console for tx2-a to show boot up message?

Niranantany,

To check tx2-a is not broken, please find another HDMI monitor and connect to tx2-a and tx2-b to see if it is a monitor-specific issue.

Thanks.

Niranantany,

We’ve found the same display as your Dell one and verified it with our TX2. We cannot reproduce the issue.

I suggest you to check your monitor and cable.

hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply…

Please find the below points:

1. The dmesg in #20 is from tx2-b…i will post the UART message from tx2-a shortly(We are working on it, facing some cable issue)

2. Q: To check tx2-a is not broken, please find another HDMI monitor and connect to tx2-a and tx2-b to see if it is a monitor-specific issue.

Yes , i have tried with another HDMI monitors also… but still am getting same distorted GUI in TX2-b.

1. Q: We’ve found the same display as your Dell one and verified it with our TX2. We cannot reproduce the issue.

Yes, initially for us also…it was working well, suddenly we are facing the issue now, for my project purpose i will be connecting the NVIDIA TX2-a , TX2-b board with different size HDMI monitor as i mentioned in above post (but only a single monitor will be connected at a time to the TX2-a/TX2-b board either 24 inch Dell HDMI monitor/11 inch HDMI monitor)…

I re-flashed the Prebuild images using jetpack in both baords TX2-a(jetpack-3.1) and TX2-b(3.0).but still am facing the same issue.

Please let me know is there any way to remotely connect my board, to show my issues to you…

Regards,
Niranjan B

Niranantany,

May I suggest you to do a complete check? With following combination:

Jetpack3.0 + TX2-a,b + Your Dell monitor
Jetpack3.1+ TX2-a,b + You Dell monitor

Please clarify if display can boot up normally. You’ve not yet provided any kernel log(dmesg) of tx2-a so I can only guess it is a HW issue.

Also, please try more display other than display-24 and tell the result clearly.

For example,

Yes , i have tried with another HDMI monitors also.. but still am getting same distorted GUI in TX2-b.

What does the result of this experiment? Does TX2-a not work on other display? How about TX2-b? Does it also get distortion on other display?

Hi Niranantany,

Any update?

hi Waynee,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find the updates,

I have re-flashed jet-pack 3.0 and 3.1 to NVIDIA TX2-a and checked with Display-24 and Display-49(samsung 49inch HDMI monitor)but still am not any getting the Desktop GUI… its showing ‘NO HDMI SIGNAL’ for both the displays.

I have re-flashed jet-pack 3.0 to NVIDIA TX2-b and connected with Display-24, but still with smaller resolution am getting the Desktop GUI if i switched it to Higher resolution (1980x1080) am getting dotted lines Desktop GUI…and same i tried with Display-49(samsung HDMI monitor) only once i got the Desktop GUI and suddenly it went-off and shows ‘NO HDMI SIGNAL’…

I will re-flash with Jet-pack3.1 in TX2-b and update you soon…

i doubt its problem with the Hardware Graphic driver…please help me…

Regards,
Niranjan B

Would it be possible to get the content of the edid file for the display-49? And a copy of the “/var/log/Xorg.0.log” for both monitors when “/etc/X11/xorg.conf” has this in Section “Device”:

Option   "ModeDebug"

One of the biggest challenges is to compare this information side-by-side when it is across multiple forum posts.

Hi Niranantany,

Since we cannot reproduce your problems with same display as your 24" one on our tx2 device, and the 3rd display (samsung 49inch HDMI monitor) also cannot work, I guess there maybe some problem with your tx2.

Because you didn’t provide any dmesg when “NO HDMI SIGNAL” error happens, I can only assume this problem is from hardware.

Have you checked your HDMI cable? If it works normally, I would suggest to you to follow our RMA Procedure and return your TX2.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Im facing a another problem at the screen after booting and entering the password the screen showed me no hdmi input
I think it is a resolution problem but how i can change resolution without loging in with other screen the same problem happened