Hi Could someone explain to me why the latest drivers cause 100% CPU usage on older mining apps

Hi Could someone explain to me why the latest drivers cause 100% CPU usage on older mining apps. And anything Nvidia can do to fix this in next driver release?
thx

I can’t help you with the actual problem. I am not a programmer but I am using a third party software package which use the CUDA for some of its calculations. On the GEFORCE 710 graphics card this worked very well. When changing to the GEFORCE 1650 graphics card I noticed a similar problem.
100% CPU usage and the generated x264 encoded file was corrupted. Could the CUDA API format have changed or perhaps there are parameters via GEFORCE Experience that are “hidden”. Please note that I moved from the 710 graphics card to the 1650 to provide UHD output to my Samsung UHD screen. This functionality (though not CUDA) does work.

I saw a reply to this from a developer , I’m not one, and if I remember correctly he said there is one line of code in the mining apps.that needs to be corrected in order to stop this 100% cpu load. I don’t know what it is. Nvidia should correct this on their drivers IMO. But looks like they won’t. All newer apps have this correction. Looks like Nvidia did change something.