How to close and enter the UEFI interface

problem1:
now use jetpack5.1.2,uefi version is “Jetson UEFI firmware (version 4.1-33958178 built on 2023-08-01T19:34:02+00:00)”.
we are need close uefi interface by enter ESC,We did the following work, but successfully closed the UEFI interface。
(1)use:edk2_docker edkrepo clone nvidia-uefi-r35.4.1-updates NVIDIA-Platforms r35.4.1-updates
(2)change:edk2-nvidia/Silicon/NVIDIA/Library/PlatformBootManagerLib/PlatformBm.c,shield “PlatformRegisterOptionsAndKeys ();”
(3)edk2_docker edk2-nvidia/Platform/NVIDIA/Jetson/build.sh
(4) cp uefi/images/uefi_Jetson_RELEASE.bin bootloader/uefi_jetson.bin
(5) ./flash.sh -r -k A_cpu-bootloader jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
After the burning is completed, the UEFI version “Jetson UEFI firmware (version 202210.3-ce6d1ddd built on 2024-04-17T03:03:58+00:”,However, pressing ESC during device startup still allows access to the UEFI interface。
How can I close it?

problem2:
We used the r35.4.1 updates version of edk2 nvidia (we used Jetpack 5.1.2 Jetson orin) to compile uefi, which was unable to successfully boot RCM to burn the system image. This image shows the serial output unable to start USB, and the other image shows waiting for SSH connection timeout. May I ask if this UEFI version is correct?

Hi 1712127445,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for AGX Orin?

Please refer to the following thread and apply the patch.
Close or hide UEFI menu - #3 by KevinFFF

Please reflash the board instead of just updating bootloader partition.

$ sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

Do you hit the flash issue after you apply the UEFI image built from r35.4.1-updates? If so, could you try to build UEFI image from r35.4.1?

We are trying version r35.4.1 and are currently facing a tricky issue:

Our system has enabled secure boot and burned fuse. Now I want to modify the uefi source code separately and generate uefi_jettson.bin to replace the uefi_jettson.bin debugging in the Linux-for-Tegra/bootloader folder.

But we found that after enabling security, the file burned in is uefi_jettson_with_dtb_sigheader.bin.signed. How can this file be generated separately (without generating system. img and burning images) and burned separately in uefi_jettson_with_dtb_sigheader.bin.signed. Because this method is convenient and fast, otherwise using the packaging system. img is very time-consuming.
How can I generate a separate uefi_jettson_with_dtb_sigheader.bin.signed file for debugging and security purposes?How to generate bootloader for AB partition?

Before you enable security, i think it will also use this file for bootloader partition.
It is generated during flash.

From your screenshot, it seems you update A_cpu-bootloader successfully.

Do we have a method to generate the uefi_jettson_with_dtb_sigheader.bin.signed file without generating the system. img?
Another question is which version of Jetpack 5.1.2 is best developed using UEFI, r35.4.1 or r35.4.1 updates?What are the differences between these two versions

If you update bootloader partition only then it would not generate system.img during flash.

r35.4.1 is the original UEFI source when you release L4T R35.4.1
r35.4.1-updates is the later UEFI source based on r35.4.1 with other fixes with potential issues.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.