How to interact with cuda-gdb launched from within Visual Studio Code

I have installed VSCE in my VS Code. I have set up my launch as follows:

{
    // Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
    // Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
    // For more information, visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "name": "(cuda-gdb) Launch Gelu",
            "type": "cuda-gdb",
            "request": "launch",
            "program": "${workspaceFolder}/tensorflowopgeluexample/gelu_kernel",
            "args": "",
            "breakOnLaunch": true,
            "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/tensorflowopgeluexample"
        },
        {
            "name": "(cuda-gdb) Launch Leaf Algo",
            "type": "cuda-gdb",
            "request": "launch",
            "program": "${workspaceFolder}/Virgo_Algo/Blazer/MercuryImageComputer/KT/leaf/M31/BrightField/bin/LeafStandalone/Debug/12/LeafStandAlone.x86-64",
            "args": "-noForcedPatches ${workspaceFolder}/virgo_algo_preq/data/JobInfo_108",
            "stopAtEntry": true,
            "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/Virgo_Algo/Blazer/MercuryImageComputer/KT/leaf/M31/BrightField/bin/LeafStandalone/Debug/12"
        }
    ]
}

I can use the debug functionality to debug my application within VS Code. However, I found that the cuda-gdb started by VS Code is not as flexible as started from command line. For instance, as started from command line, cuda-gdb can switch between blocks and threads within a kernel and print local variables, as indicated by the following link:

https://developer.download.nvidia.com/GTC/PDF/1062_Satoor.pdf

The same cuda-gdb started from VS Code cannot achieve that. Is there a way to set up VS Code so that cuda-gdb is more flexible from the GUI?

You can change focus between blocks and threads via the focus picker in the toolbar. You can also execute any cuda-gdb command in the Debug Console via -exec (or ` for shorthand), just like in cpp-tools.