How to make and distribute profiles

We would like to distribute profiles that associate the settings with the executables of our product.
I cannot find anything in the nvapi documentation how to accomplish that.
Any help?

1 Like

Dear @thstk

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Developer Forum. Could you please share more details to get the context of query, maybe some partial code that you have tried so far?
I will accordingly forward the query to the concerned team.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

The context of my query is that we want to distribute profiles for our application in the Nvidia system control (German: Nvidia Systemsteuerung).
I think there is no code needed rather than a way to generate such a profile and somehow install it at installation time of our application or a way to integrate such profile into the driver software you distribute.

However, there is no description how this is supposed to be done.

Dear @thstk

We have forwarded your concern to the team that handles this feature. They will need some time before they can pick it up. We will keep following up with them and update you here.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

We are also interested in delivering a profile with the NVidia driver that is suitable for our CAD software, as the preselected profile causes performance problems for some of our customers.

According to my information, there is also a certification process for this. Unfortunately, I can’t find any information or support at NVidia either.

I fear this is a useless endeavor. Nvidia doesn’t seem to have any interest in its customers any more. Maybe the business is running well without any costly support.

Dear @thstk,

I will check with the development team and get back to you with the status at the earliest.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

Hello @heiko.petry

I have conveyed your query as well to the dev team to be worked on along with the previous request. I’ll update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

Hello @thstk

Our technical team has analyzed your concern and indicated that we can add a profile for your executable so that it is seen with the NVIDIA Control Panel.

As it is an enhancement request on the driver side, we need to raise a ticket. Please refer to the section ‘ASK US A QUESTION’ on the page NVIDIA Customer Support Resources for opening the ticket. Please mention “Redirected from the NVAPI developer forum” and also provide the link to query on the NVAPI forum while filing the support ticket.

Kindly mention following details in the ticket:

1. The name of the executable that requires a profile
  2. The name(s) they would like to see presented in the Control Panel for those respective executables.
  3. The graphics APIs used by the app, such as OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, etc.

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator

Hello @heiko.petry

Our technical team has analyzed your concern and indicated that we can add a profile for your executable so that it is seen with the NVIDIA Control Panel.

As it is an enhancement request on the driver side, we need to raise a ticket. Please refer to the section ‘ASK US A QUESTION’ on the page NVIDIA Customer Support Resources for opening the ticket. Please mention “Redirected from the NVAPI developer forum” and also provide the link to query on the NVAPI forum while filing the support ticket.

Kindly mention following details in the ticket:

1. The name of the executable that requires a profile
  2. The name(s) they would like to see presented in the Control Panel for those respective executables.
  3. The graphics APIs used by the app, such as OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, etc.

With reference to your point of the preselected profile causes performance problems for some of our customers., could you please share additional details in the support ticket itself?

Thank you.
NVAPI Forum Moderator