How to raise an alarm from a GPIO pin of Jetson Nano once an object is detected?

Hello everyone! I want to say that I have a trained YOLOv4-416 custom model on one class and I have converted the yolo weights to tensorRT format with the help of @jkjung13. Special thanks to him and now I am able to do real time detection using a usb webcam at 4 FPS but now there is one last thing which remains that I want to raise an alarm from a GPIO pin of Jetson Nano once an object is detected. So how can I do that? Kindly anybody who can help @dusty_nv ?

hello farjadhaider3253,

suppose there’s an software events once an object is detected,

you may refer to Jetson GPIO, it’s a Python library that enables the use of GPIOs. please check the sample python scripts, i.e. button_event.py for reference;
or, you may refer to Jetson-Nano GPIO example to directly read/write through /dev/mem

please also check similar discussion thread, Topic 144550 for reference.
thanks

@JerryChang. I have attached a code below that I am using for real time detection on Nano using USB webcam and custom YOLOv4-416 model trained on single class. Have a look at the code and in that code there is a function i.e. loop_and_detect(). I think there is something that can be added in that code. Do you have any idea?trt_yolo.txt (3.6 KB)

Hello Jery,

I am also trying to do the same experiment where an alarm will triggered when any object detected like car or person.

Can you please send me any detail about this. Thanks

Hi farjadhaider,

Did you solve the issue.If you did please help me. Thanks.

@maruf.ahmad . I have not found any solution yet as I had changed the scope of my work at that time but I will be very much interested if you have found any solution. Then plz do let me know. Thanks