How to resolve the build error: CUDACOMPILE : nvcc error : 'cicc' died with status 0xC0000022

Could any one tell me what this error means and how to resolve it?

This problem only happens when the version 8.0 tool is in our network drive. If I copy the tool directory to my local drive, it works. In both cases, the environment variable CUDA_PATH_V8_0 is set accordingly to direct CUDA build tool to correct tool location.

The following is the complete build log when the tool in in our network drive:

1>------ Build started: Project: MainConceptAvcEncoder, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1> Compiling CUDA source file cudaConvertUyvytoNV12.cu…
1>
1> D:\Views\DongningLi_view_latest\kernel\MiscDrivers\MainConceptAvcEncoder>“z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_20,code="sm_20,compute_20" --use-local-env --cl-version 2015 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64” -I…..\KernelSDK\include -IZ:\Boost\boost_1_60_0 -I"Z:\ThirdParty\MainConcept\AVCBCSDK-W64_9.11_2015-03-27\include" -I"z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\include" -I"z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\include" --keep-dir x64\Release -maxrregcount=0 --machine 64 --compile -cudart static -DMAINCONCEPTVIDEOENCODER_EXPORTS -DBOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK -D_WINDLL -D_UNICODE -DUNICODE -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W4 /nologo /O2 /FS /Zi /MD " -o …..\Build\x64_Release\MainConceptAvcEncoder\cudaConvertUyvytoNV12.cu.obj “D:\Views\DongningLi_view_latest\kernel\MiscDrivers\MainConceptAvcEncoder\cudaConvertUyvytoNV12.cu”
1>CUDACOMPILE : nvcc warning : The ‘compute_20’, ‘sm_20’, and ‘sm_21’ architectures are deprecated, and may be removed in a future release (Use -Wno-deprecated-gpu-targets to suppress warning).
1> cudaConvertUyvytoNV12.cu
1>CUDACOMPILE : nvcc error : ‘cicc’ died with status 0xC0000022
1>z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\extras\visual_studio_integration\MSBuildExtensions\CUDA 8.0.targets(689,9): error MSB3721: The command ““z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_20,code="sm_20,compute_20" --use-local-env --cl-version 2015 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64” -I…..\KernelSDK\include -IZ:\Boost\boost_1_60_0 -I"Z:\ThirdParty\MainConcept\AVCBCSDK-W64_9.11_2015-03-27\include” -I"z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\include” -I"z:\CUDA\cuda-8.0\include" --keep-dir x64\Release -maxrregcount=0 --machine 64 --compile -cudart static -DMAINCONCEPTVIDEOENCODER_EXPORTS -DBOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK -D_WINDLL -D_UNICODE -DUNICODE -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W4 /nologo /O2 /FS /Zi /MD " -o …..\Build\x64_Release\MainConceptAvcEncoder\cudaConvertUyvytoNV12.cu.obj “D:\Views\DongningLi_view_latest\kernel\MiscDrivers\MainConceptAvcEncoder\cudaConvertUyvytoNV12.cu”” exited with code 34.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I am not familiar with that Windows error code. From a quick Google search:

So one plausible hypothesis is that access rights to relevant executables may be different on your local machine than on the network drive. Check the permissions of the files. By extension, the problem could also be with the temporary files the CUDA compiler creates to communicate between different stages of the compiler. By default these go into the same file system from which the compiler was started, and you may not have write permission on the network drive.

Hi njuffa,

Thank you for your reply. It is indeed the access right issue, and now it is resolved.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Dongning

Hi, can you tell me your solution for this problem.I got that same error.