I2S audio recommendation issues on TX2

What TX2D-supported I2SADC/DAC chip can TX2 besides HDMI?
I have used several drive-free I2S outputs, but many of them have problems. Some of the previously selected options such as the WM8978 have not been tuned out. Can you give some chips that have been tuned out?
I2S input and output are required.

Hello!

In general there we should be able to support most I2S based codecs with the Tegra platforms. The L4T software includes various codec drivers that are distributed with the Linux kernel. We do not and cannot verify all codecs as this would be impossible for us to do.

All codecs require some level of configuration via userspace and so integrating a codec with any platform, whether that be Tegra or something else, will require the user to use various alsa userspace tools (amixer, alsamixer, etc) to configure the codec. I highly recommend that for people selecting codecs to work with Linux, that ideally there are good examples, possibly from the codec/hardware vendor, that show how to configure the codec.

For users that want the most simplest means to play and capture audio, I have seen some users using the following modules that require no configuration on the codec side and should work with the L4T software out of the box with minimal userspace configuration.

Pmod I2S - Digilent Reference [0] Adafruit I2S MEMS Microphone Breakout - SPH0645LM4H : ID 3421 : $6.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits [1]

Internally at NVIDIA we have a custom audio card with an rt5658 (or alc5658) codec. Unfortunately, this codec is not readily available for purchase as far as I seen and we cannot provide any hardware for this codec. The older Jetson TK1 [2] also used the alc5639 codec and so this is another realtek codec that we have tested with.

Regards,
Jon

[0] https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1032785/no-sound-using-i2s-to-cs4344-codec/
[1] https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1032970/i2s-mic-with-tx2/
[2] Embedded Systems Developer Kits & Modules from NVIDIA Jetson

What I need is an ADC/DAC two-in-one I2S audio module supporting TX2.
Pmod I2S and SPH0645 are only Audio Output