I2S Microphone

Would like to know how to connect a I2S microphone (e.g. SPH0645LM4H-B) to Xavier.

I see both CLK and DIN signals, but can’t find the ‘Word Select’ (WS).

Capture.JPG

Seems that there’s a typo in Jetson Xavier Series System-on-Module Data Sheet v0.9 - Pin D8 ‘Usage/Description’ is ‘I2S Audio Port 1 Data In’ - Should be Frame-Select ?

(Which is the ‘Word Select (WS)’ I was looking for.

Hello!

Yes you are correct, the “usage/description” field in table appears to be incorrect for the I2S1 signals. It should be …

Ball Signal     Usage/Description
L14  I2S1_CLK   I2S Audio Port 1 Clock
C7   I2S1_SDOUT I2S Audio Port 1 Data Out
D8   I2S1_FS    I2S Audio Port 1 Left/Right Clock
H8   I2S1_SDIN  I2S Audio Port 1 Data In

So yes D8 is the correct pin from the word-clock (frame-sync).

We will get this corrected.

Regards,
Jon

Does the microphone SPH0645LM4H-B work with Xavier?

Hello!

I don’t see why this would not work and in fact I know that others have had this working on Jetson TX2 …

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1032970/jetson-tx2/i2s-mic-with-tx2/

So it should work fine on Jetson Xavier as well.

Regards,
Jon

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for your response.
May be you as well know sensors i2c for pressure/himidity/temperature/co2/o2 that are likely to work?
Thanks,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

I can’t say that I have tested any of those sensors, however, if they are standard I2C devices I don’t see why they would not work.

Regards,
Jon

And drivers? Wont custom intrinsic drivers be required to read from connected sensors?

Hello Andrei,

Right ideally there should be a Linux driver available. If these devices are supported by Linux (which I was assuming is the case), then there should be a Linux driver available.

Regards
Jon

I procured dht11 sensor that has 3 pins: gnd, data,vcc.
could you advise to which pins to connect it at Xavier pinout, please?

Hello!

Can you please post this question in a new thread? This is not related to I2S microphones and so will not be seen or easily found by other users. Typically, I handle anything audio related, but by starting a new thread then it will be sent to the appropriate person for dealing with sensors.

Thanks!
Jon

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that with the release of JetPack 4.3 (L4T 32.3.1) we now have a tool for configuring the 40-pin header on Jetson and we have included a configuration for the Adafruit SPH0645LM4H I2S Mic. Please see …

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fhw_setup_jetson_io.html%23

Regards,
Jon