Improving latency on YUV camera live streaming

Hi,

Recently, I have done a live streaming by using a YUV camera (Output : YUV422 8bit).

However, I used the command below,

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=UYVY,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=60/1 ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=NV12' ! nvoverlaysink

and I can see that there is a latency during live streaming.

It takes about 200ms.

Does that command make the live streaming slow?

or do I have to reset the parameters on the device tree file?

Thanks,

Try below command before gst-launch-1.0

v4l2-ctl -c low_latency_mode=1

Hi,

Still get the same situation.

What does that command mean?

Thanks

Sorry for typo should be low_latency_mode=1

Still same latency, about 200ms

Thanks

How do you check the latency?

Have a try nvv4l2camerasrc

gst-launch-1.0 nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=(fraction)60/1, format=(string)UYVY' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)NV12' ! nv3dsink -e

When I execute this command,

k@k-desktop:~$ gst-launch-1.0 nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=(fraction)60/1, format=(string)UYVY’ ! nvvidconv ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)NV12’ ! nv3dsink -e

I get this error.

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

So I erase the ‘(’ like this,

gst-launch-1.0 nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! ‘video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=60/1, format=UYVY’ ! nvvidconv ! ‘video/x-raw, format=NV12’ ! nv3dsink -e

Then I get this error,

(gst-launch-1.0:9931): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 14:57:39.662: gst_element_make_from_uri: assertion 'gst_uri_is_valid (uri)' failed

(gst-launch-1.0:9931): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 14:57:39.664: gst_element_make_from_uri: assertion 'gst_uri_is_valid (uri)' failed
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: syntax error

I connected my device with my laptop.

And I did the live streaming as a duplicate mode.

Then I started the clock on my laptop like the pic below.

so I record it with my smart phone then compared the latency between the screens

I know this is not the right method for checking it but I don’t know the exact method for how to check the latency.

Try copy this command.

gst-launch-1.0 nvv4l2camerasrc device=/dev/video0 ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=(fraction)60/1, format=(string)UYVY" ! nvvidconv ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)NV12" ! nv3dsink -e

Thank you.

It works and the latency has been reduced.

I think there are two main changes: nvv4l2camerasrc and nv3dsink -e.

Can you explain this command?

How can be the latency reduced by only changing the command?

Thanks

Suppose it could be the v4l2src may have memory copy cause the latency but nvv4l2camerasrc doesn’t.

Oh… that’s the reason, I see.

One more question!

I am using the Xavier NX Dev Kit and I connected my device on the CSI connector like the below picture,

Do you know how many seconds it takes from the input CSI connector to the live streaming.?

What I mean is that I want to know the latency for the processing the input MIPI data.

Thank you.

Maybe about 80 -120 ms

Is it the time right before the live streaming or the time including it?

It’s glass to glass timing. From sensor lens to display.

Okay I got it.

Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.