In custom board, eth1 which connected to pcie0 in xavier nx did not work

Dear all:

• 1: Jetson Xavier nx software version: R32.5.0

• 2: In custom board, RTL8111G NIC connected to pcie0 ;

and 4G connected to PCIE1;

• 3.1: when Image without 4G driver(just add some files), eth1 can work normally;
    3.2: when Image with 4G driver(just add some files), eth1 was disappeared even if the 4G module is not yet plugged into the device.

• 4: By compared pcie@14160000 with pcie@141a0000, clkreq property just in pcie@141a0000 for pcie1

pinctrl-names = "pex_rst", "clkreq";
                pinctrl-0 = <&pex_rst_c5_out_state>;
                pinctrl-1 = <&clkreq_c5_bi_dir_state>;
  • Finally: Are ethernet connected to PCIE0 and 4G connected to PCIE1 as pictures show allowed?
    If not allowed, do you suggest that we adopt this approach: ethernet connected to PCIE1 and 4G connected to pcie0 .
    If allowed, should I set clkreq property for pcie0? or here are some more suggestions?

Nvidia jetson forum has given me a lot of help, I really appreciate your help every time, and I would like to ask for your help again, thank you very much.

Hi, what is the “4G”? Is it a 4G device?

EC20 MINI PCIE device which support 4G.

If you can see each device in lspci command, then it has nothing to do with jetson pcie compatibility.

The rest of problem should be from vendor driver.

For example, I don’t understand what do you mean here:

3.1: when Image without 4G driver(just add some files), eth1 can work normally;
3.2: when Image with 4G driver(just add some files), eth1 was disappeared even if the 4G module is not yet plugged into the device.

If the only difference here is the vendor’s 4G driver, then it matches to what I said.

I guess MINI PCIE and ethernet conflict with each other.
The problem was solved when I insmod 4G driver after Xavier nx power on, both them can work.
sincerely thanks for your help.

Frankly speaking, you didn’t share enough and clear information.
So I don’t understand what are you exact doing here.

And it sounds like you still don’t understand the difference between PCIe driver and 4G driver…

what is problem:
1634118268(1)

what is add driver, just some files which is compiled into Image , then flash the Xavier nx.

what is eth1 not work:

4G (EC20 MINI PCIE0) just a slave device of PCIE0.
PCIE0 just pcie interface, it can connect to various pcie devices.

These logs do not help. I just want to know if you can see your devices in lspci.

If you can, then it is not an issue for us to resolve.

I can see device in lspci.

If lspci can see the device, it means these two devices could be detected by tegra pcie controller.

The rest of issue that some device can work or not depends on the vendor driver.

That is not the scope that we can help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.