Jetson Nano L4T 32.3.1 and yolov7 compatibility

Hello, i have an issue using yolov7 in the Jetpack 4.3 L4T 32.3.1.
It seems that yolov7 requires torch.cuda.amp library, which was introduced in pytorch 1.5.0, but if i try to install any version grater than pytorch 1.4 i got an error:
OSError: libcurand.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory as soon as i import torch
And as i have found, this is due to the Jetpack’s version. I know the easiest solution is to upgrade the Jetpack version but since im working remotely i would like to know if there is any other solution i can try before.

Hi,

Is your PyTorch package built with r32.3.1?
If not, please try to install one.

You can find more information in the below topic:

Thanks.

Hi, thank you for you reply

The latest version of PyTorch i was able to use with no problems was 1.4, which according to the topic you mentioned is compatible with my version of JetPack (4.3). But the problem is that to use yolov7 i need a greater version.

UPDATE:
I updated my JetPack version following the steps in this page to JetPack 4.4.1 [L4T 32.4.4], so i was able to install a newer version of PyTorch (1.8), but im still having errors.

As i have read, cuda 10.2 should solve this problem, but it could be because JetPack 4.4.1 hasn’t been installed natively.

I have made sure to modify the symbolic link to the latest version of cuda (i have tried both)

The situation is that i need to create a compiled program that uses yolov7 for a TX2 (remote) using my Nano (local), but when i compile using newer JetPack and PyTorch versions on the Nano, it doesn’t work in TX2. So i would like to find a solution that does not involve reflashing the card.

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you try if torch-1.10.0-cp36-cp36m-linux_aarch64.whl works?
It is the latest release for JetPack 4.4.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.