Launching certain applications (Qt) messes un dual monitor setup with Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER on XFCE

Yeah, I know the title is too long but the problem is really hard to describe.
So, first of all, my specs:

• Arch Linux
  • Xfce
  • Nvidia GTX 1660 Super
  • Driver version 460.67 (I think it’s the latest)
  • Dual monitor setup: 1 HDMI monitor connected to HDMI port of the GPU, 1 HDMI monitor connected to DP port using a converter.

So, I recently installed another monitor for my desktop PC configuration and everything appeared to work normally. However, when I started FoxitReader, my cursor began to move really slow and the screens started to blink intermitently. Switching to a console terminal, and then back again to the graphical terminal, stops the blinking and the cursor issues, but messes up my configuration.
Actually, the setup is left in an “inconsistent” state: sometimes one of the screens switches off, sometimes the resolution is changed, sometimes it gets back to normal state…

As it’s really hard to describe it with words, here’s a link to a private video in YouTube where I recorded the issue while it happened: - YouTube

Also, here’s an image showing the state after switching to a console terminal and then back to graphical: Nvidia Bug - Album on Imgur

The same issue occurs when launching some applications (I think they are all implemented in Qt, hence the title), but the problem doesn’t occur every time I launch them, only sometimes. Yeah, I know it’s very weird and indeterministic, that’s why I’m so confused about the problem.
I have been 3 days trying to troubleshoot the problem, with no result. Any help would be appreciated

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (626.2 KB)

Sorry, i forgot to upload the log output, my apologies

[ 2812.721217] nvidia-modeset: WARNING: GPU:0: Unable to read EDID for display device Samsung S22D390 (DP-1)

also the monitors get requried in fast succession. Looks like a improperly connected or faulty hdmi-cable.

Oh my. Is there any specific reason this may be happening? Maybe the converter, maybe the cable… any known issue?
I’ll try to change the cables to see if the problem lies there.
Also, any specific reason why this happens when launching some applications and not when I turn on the PC?

Might be a badly shielded converter/cable, on starting a GL accelerated application the gpu clocks up and the connection breaks down.

Hey generix, that worked. I’ve been using another HDMI cable for about 5 days now and the problem appears to be gone.
Thanks a lot!