Make ARCH=arm64 menuconfig

Dear NVIDIA,I used the make ARCH=arm64 menuconfig command to configure kernel options, compile some drivers into the kernel, and run ./nvbuild.sh -o $PWD/kernel_out
The source tree is not clean, please run 'make ARCH=arm64 mrproper'
After I execute make ARCH=arm64 mrproper, I will delete the .config generated by my configuration make ARCH=arm64 menuconfig, that is, my configuration will be cleared.

How do I compile kernel configuration options into the kernel? So that no error will be reported.

Hi,
You can modify

kernel-5.10/arch/arm64/configs/tegra_defconfig

to enable the configs and then run nvbuild.sh

@DaneLLL ,Dear DaneLLL,hello,If I want to compile the wm8904 driver module into the kernel, I have to write CONFIG_SND_SOC_WM8904=y into the kernel-5.10/arch/arm64/configs/tegra_defconfig file, instead of configuring the options by make ARCH=arm64 menuconfig?

Hi,
Yes. The config is used in nvbuild.sh, so you can customize the configs and then run the script.

ok

You might find this of use when thinking about how to configure:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/topic/229155/12

Note that this was mostly native compile notes, but aside from naming the cross tools and architecture, information will be the same.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.