make mpp error

hi fellows am working with MM5 in one cluster with a pgi 6.0 and a stand alone MPICH 1.2.5.2 thats works fine but i company buy a new cluster and this one have pgi 7.0-7 plus a stand alone mpich 1.2.5.2, y linux is fedora core6 and I almost do all the instalation of MM5 until i got a several errors compiling the last module MM5 with MPP. the error is to long so am gonna put one of the errors.

One are

PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (set_padarea.c: 62)
PGC/x86-64 Linux 7.0-7: compilation completed with warnings
/usr/local/mpich/default/bin/mpif90 -c -O -byteswapio set_f_padarea.F
/usr/local/mpich/default/bin/mpicc -c -I/usr/local/mpich/default/include -DMPI -DRSL_SYNCIO -Dlinux -DSWAPBYTES -O -DIMAX_MAKE= -DJMAX_MAKE= -DMAXDOM_MAKE=6 -DMAXPROC_MAKE=256 -DHOST_NODE=0 -DMON_LOW=1 -DALLOW_RSL_168PT=1 domain_def.c
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 193)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 334)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 335)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 336)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 476)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 579)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 612)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 799)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 856)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 925)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 1030)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 1101)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 1213)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 1227)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 1228)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 1229)
PGC-W-0155-Long value is passed to a nonprototyped function - argument #3 (domain_def.c: 1230)
PGC-W-0156-Type not specified, ‘int’ assumed (domain_def.c: 1527)
PGC/x86-64 Linux 7.0-7: compilation completed with warnings

I dont know if this are to important error.
The other one is

make[1]: Entering directory /data/mm5v3k/MM5/MM5/MPP/build' cut -c1-72 addall.F | sed -e 's///’ -e ‘s/ *$//’ |
expand | /lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL -DMPP1 -DIOR=2 -DIWORDSIZE=4 -DRWORDSIZE=4 -DLWORDSIZE=4 -DASSUME_HOMOGENEOUS_ENVIRONMENT=1 -DMPI -Dlinux -DDEC_ALPHA -traditional | m4 - > addall.b
…/…/MPP/FLIC/FLIC/flic -F=…/…/MPP/FLICFILE -CPP=‘include<rsl.inc>’ -CPP=‘include<rslcom.inc>’ -H=‘FLIC_RUN_DECL’ -STOP=FKILL_MODEL addall.b > addall.dm
scanning addall.b
parsing addall.b
finished parsing addall.b
m4 …/…/MPP/RSL/LMexp.m4 addall.dm | sed ‘/^$/d’ | /lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL | …/…/MPP/col_cutter >addall.f
/usr/local/mpich/default/bin/mpif90 -c -O3 -ftz -tp p7-64 -I/usr/local/mpich/default/include -byteswapio addall.f 2> addall.lis
make[1]: [addall.o] Error 1 (ignored)
echo addall.b addall.dm addall.f
addall.b addall.dm addall.f
cut -c1-72 addrx1c.F | sed -e ‘s/`//’ -e ‘s/ *$//’ |
expand | /lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL -DMPP1 -DIOR=2 -DIWORDSIZE=4 -DRWORDSIZE=4 -DLWORDSIZE=4 -DASSUME_HOMOGENEOUS_ENVIRONMENT=1 -DMPI -Dlinux -DDEC_ALPHA -traditional | m4 - > addrx1c.b
…/…/MPP/FLIC/FLIC/flic -F=…/…/MPP/FLICFILE -CPP=‘include<rsl.inc>’ -CPP=‘include<rslcom.inc>’ -H=‘FLIC_RUN_DECL’ -STOP=FKILL_MODEL addrx1c.b > addrx1c.dm
scanning addrx1c.b
parsing addrx1c.b
finished parsing addrx1c.b
m4 …/…/MPP/RSL/LMexp.m4 addrx1c.dm | sed ‘/^$/d’ | /lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL | …/…/MPP/col_cutter >addrx1c.f
/usr/local/mpich/default/bin/mpif90 -c -O3 -ftz -tp p7-64 -I/usr/local/mpich/default/include -byteswapio addrx1c.f 2> addrx1c.lis
make[1]: [addrx1c.o] Error 1 (ignored)
echo addrx1c.b addrx1c.dm addrx1c.f
addrx1c.b addrx1c.dm addrx1c.f

Please I need help i read the other post and nothing work for me.
I have mpich 1.2.5.2 working with a pgi 6.0 but i have another cluster so i need to work with other fesh pgi instalation.

about the other post like thisone i erase the +0 -1 in the flic.csh and also put a comentari on typedef MPI_Flint and nothing happens i still have the same error.

Hi garlay,

Sorry for the late reply. Ive been on business trip and my connection to the internet has been spotty.

The first problem should be ok since the messages are just warnings. In the second section I believe the issue is that you are using a configuration specific to the Intel compiler suite (notice the use of the Intel flag “-ftz”). How are you configuring MM5?

Note that we do a web page (See: http://www.pgroup.com/resources/mm5/mm537_pgi71_64.htm) that includes instructions on building MM5 with PGI compilers that might be useful.

Hope this helps,
Mat

Is the first one just ok?Can we ignore it? Why?********

Hi sunyimei,

In general, if you are developing code you should investigate warnings since they can help in finding potential errors.

As for these specific warnings, there’s potential for errors but given this is widely used production code, I would think it’s ok to ignore them. Though for sure, you would need to ask the authors of MM5.

• Mat