MM5 MPP & MP-MPICH compile issues

Hi,

I’m using pgf77 6.0-8 32-bit on Rocks 4.3 (CentOS 4.5 based distro) with MP-MPICH 1.5 (this is because our cluster has Dolphin SCI interconnect). MP-MPICH were compiled with pgf77 and gcc/g++. But the compilation of MM5 MPP shows the following error:

/opt/mp-mpich/1.5.0/bin/mpicc -DMPI2_SUPPORT -c -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL -DMPP1 -DIOR=2 -DIWORDSIZE=4 -DRWORDSIZE=4 -DLWORDSIZE=4 -DASSUME_HOMOGENEOUS_ENVIRONMENT=1 -DMPI -I/opt/mp-mpich/1.5.0/include milliclock.c
/opt/mp-mpich/1.5.0/bin/mpif77 -o mm5.mpp addall.o addrx1c.o addrx1n.o bdyin.o bdyrst.o bdyten.o bdyval.o cadjmx.o coef_diffu.o condload.o consat.o convad.o couple.o date.o dcpl3d.o dcpl3dwnd.o decouple.o define_comms.o diffu.o diffth.o diffthd.o diffmoi.o diffintp.o dm_io.o dots.o dtfrz.o fillcrs.o fkill_model.o gamma.o gauss.o hadv.o init.o initsav.o initts.o kfbmdata.o kill_model.o lb_alg.o lbdyin.o mhz.o mm5.o mp_equate.o mp_initdomain.o mp_shemi.o mparrcopy.o mpaspect.o nconvp.o nudge.o output.o outsav.o outtap.o outts.o outts_c.o param.o paramr.o rdinit.o rho_mlt.o savread.o settbl.o setvegfr.o sfcrad.o shutdo.o slab.o solar1.o solve.o sound.o subch.o trans.o transm.o upshot_mm5.o vadv.o vadv2.o vecgath.o write_big_header.o write_fieldrec.o write_flag.o schultz.o schultz_mic.o cupara6.o dtfrznew.o envirtht.o kfpara.o prof5.o tpdd.o tpmix.o heipre.o maxim.o minim.o moiene.o precip.o zunc.o cloudws.o entrs.o kerhels.o shallcu.o shallow.o araouts.o mrfpbl.o tridi2.o initnest.o chknst.o nstlev1.o nstlev2.o nstlev3.o nstlev4.o nstlev5.o mp_stotndt.o smt2.o bcast_size.o merge_size.o mp_feedbk.o rdter.o lwrad.o swrad.o inirad.o o3data.o mm5atm.o rrtm.o rrtm_gasabs.o rrtm_init.o rrtm_k_g.o rrtm_rtrn.o rrtm_setcoef.o rrtm_taumol.o milliclock.o …/…/MPP/RSL/RSL/librsl.a -O2 -Mcray=pointer -pc 32 -Mnoframe -byteswapio -L/opt/mp-mpich/1.5.0/lib -lfmpich -lmpich
/usr/bin/ld: diffintp.o: No such file: No such file or directory

Has anyone experienced something similar? The other objects are compiled correctly.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you please check your log file if diffintp.F is compiled successfully? What is the error if not compiled?

Hongyon

Hi Hongyon,

This is the output of the compilation of the file you asked:

cut -c1-72 diffintp.F | sed -e ‘s/`//’ -e ‘s/ *$//’ |
expand | /lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL -DMPP1 -DIOR=2 -DIWORDSIZE=4 -DRWORDSIZE=4 -DLWORDSIZE=4 -DASSUME_HOMOGENEOUS_ENVIRONMENT=1 -DMPI -Dlinux -DSYSTEM_CALL_OK | m4 - > diffintp.b
…/…/MPP/FLIC/FLIC/flic -F=…/…/MPP/FLICFILE -CPP=‘include<rsl.inc>’ -CPP=‘include<rslcom.inc>’ -H=‘FLIC_RUN_DECL’ -STOP=FKILL_MODEL diffintp.b > diffintp.dm
scanning diffintp.b
parsing diffintp.b
/tmp/aaa.30345: type warning: possibly incompatible types. cannot coerce unknown and integer on line 525. Ident = max
/tmp/aaa.30345: type warning: possibly incompatible types. cannot coerce unknown and integer on line 558. Ident = min
finished parsing diffintp.b
m4 …/…/MPP/RSL/LMexp.m4 diffintp.dm | sed ‘/^$/d’ | /lib/cpp -C -P -traditional -I…/…/MPP -I…/…/MPP/RSL -I…/…/pick -I…/…/MPP/debug -I…/…/MPP/RSL/RSL | …/…/MPP/col_cutter >diffintp.f
/opt/mp-mpich/1.5.0/bin/mpif77 -c -O2 -Mcray=pointer -pc 32 -Mnoframe -byteswapio -I/home/mm5/MM5/MM5/include diffintp.f 2> diffintp.lis
make[1]: [diffintp.o] Error 2 (ignored)
echo diffintp.b diffintp.dm diffintp.f
diffintp.b diffintp.dm diffintp.f

But when I try to run the compilation steps for the file in an standalone way, there is no error, this is the output of diffintp.lis

PGFTN-S-0083-Vector expression used where scalar expression required (diffintp.f: 758)
PGFTN-S-0038-Symbol, maxval, has not been explicitly declared (diffintp.f: 788)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 2 severes, 0 fatal for diffintp

???

Regards,

Rodrigo

Hi,

Is it possible that an error comes from flic? Can you update flic as mention in thread: MM5 mpp compiling problem with pgf90 or :Problems compiling MPP MM5 3.7 using PG6.2 in FC5

Also if you can, please use our latest release.

Thank you,
Hongyon

I’ve modified the MPP/FLIC/FLIC/flic.csh but the problem still the same, I cannot use the latest version you have because I’m using the latest version that my license allows.

:(

Is there another option?

Regards,

Rodrigo

Hi,

When you say you can compile in a standalone way, you did after all the preprocessing? The same options? What is the command line or steps you use? You compile in which directory? Can you send us a file that give you error if you can replicate it and to trs@pgroup.com and have it send to me.

Which version of MM5?

Thank you,
Hongyon