Mic Problem in JETSON TK1

We do have a problem, We have just done boot on the TK1, we tried a python code to record some voice files, it didn’t bring out any output, it brought errors however it executed normally on my Laptop and 3 more computer devices.

We searched for the solution for those errors, We have found the following link:

The problem still persists, we can’t operate any video or sound file, I am fine to boot the Linux again on the kit however the problem will continue to flow on the system, I want the solution ASAP Please

Thanks
Best Regards

First, be sure the NVIDIA drivers are correct:

sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release

How are you running the video or sound files? Do you have an example someone can repeat the test on from a web URL?

Here are some past settings I’ve used which worked:

amixer cset name="Stereo ADC MIXL ADC2 Switch" 0
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC MIXR ADC2 Switch" 0
amixer cset name="Int Mic Switch" 0
amixer cset name="ADC Capture Switch" 1
amixer cset name="RECMIXL BST1 Switch" 0
amixer cset name="RECMIXR BST1 Switch" 0
amixer cset name="RECMIXL BST2 Switch" 1
amixer cset name="RECMIXR BST2 Switch" 1
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC L1 Mux" "ADC"
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC R1 Mux" "ADC"
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC MIXL ADC1 Switch" 1
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC MIXR ADC1 Switch" 1
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC MIXL ADC2 Switch" 0
amixer cset name="Stereo ADC MIXR ADC2 Switch" 0
amixer cset name="IN1 Mode Control" "Single ended"
amixer cset name="IN2 Mode Control" "Single ended"
amixer cset name="Mic Jack Switch" 1

An example to test with:

arecord -t wav -c 1 -d 4 -v tmp.wav
aplay tmp.wav

Thank you so much for your Quick answer and concern

all NVIDIA drivers are OK
And I have tried all of those commands before and nothing was produced,
I have tried them again now, tried your test example, Still the mic is not working

Also I have noticed that I can’t play any videos using the kit, Online and Offline

Regards

** Updated News **

WE have run the test example that you provided and we got it worked fine after some trials, however when we try to run any python code that is doing the purpose of recording, we got errors

What kind of errors? There may be times when sound playback is associated with a display, so playback may differ depending on how you are logged in. Some users also have different access…try with both user ubuntu and sudo. All may fail, but if the error changes, then you have a clue based on how it changes.

First of all iwant to thank you for your fast response and for your help
I managed to solve this problem but now i am facing another one
I will be greetfull if you can help
I want to run a python script at the startup ?

Thanks in advance

Does your script depend on a logged in user? Does your script depend on a GUI (requires DISPLAY environment variable to be set…which also implies a logged in user)? The answer changes depending on that information.

If there is no DISPLAY setting required, then put it in “/etc/rc.local”. If a particular user login is required, then it can be set for automatic run for that user’s login (text mode has the shell init, Unity desktop has a GUI program auto-start). Depending on security you might be able to just set that user for auto-login as well.