MIPI CSI-2 cameras for TX2 for outdoor object detection

Hi guys,

I am having a hard time selecting MIPI CSI-2 cameras for an object detection application with Jetson TX2. I need 6 cameras in total which will be connected to a customized camera interposer module and to TX2, based on the design guide. These 6 cameras will be used for outdoor object detection (i.e., vehicles, traffic lights) for an autonomous robot. I am looking for low-price cameras due to my limited budget, and as a novice in this field, it will be really helpful if anyone could give me some suggestions on the cameras! Please feel free to ask anything that may help in suggesting a camera module.

Thanks,
Will

Hi,
There are camera modules from our partners. Please check
Jetson Ecosystem | NVIDIA Developer

You may contact the vendors for further information.

Hi DaneLLL,
I have checked those camera modules from them. Unfortunately, they are quite expensive comparing to my budget. I wonder if the Raspberry Pi camera module V2 will be compatible with TX2, when 6 of them connect to a camera interposer that connects to TX2.

Thanks,
Will

Hi,
Pi camera V2 is not supported on TX2 devkit. We support two Pi camera V2 on TX2 NX devkit.

If you need 6-camera board, we would still suggest check with our partners.

Hi,
I recently saw a post on the Forum saying there is no problem using the Pi camera V2 on TX2. It needs software configuration for it to work, creating dtb file to enable the imx219 on TX2. Could you please confirm that?

Thanks,
Will