No CUDA events were collected. Single machine 1 gpu profiling

Hi,
I’m using latest nsight systems 2021.1.1 with latest drivers 461.40 and Nsight systems doesn’t see any cuda events on my application.
Do I have to use some specific driver version or something else I have to do to make it work properly ?
Edit:
It looks like the application hangs right at the start when run nuder nsight. When I attach a debugger to it, I see not a single thread started, not even the main thread.
Edit:
I also don’t have any anti-viruses running except standard windows one running

Thanks.

Hi sergeyn,

Thanks for your response. Looks like there is some issue with initializing the trace inside the target application. Could you collect logs for us to investigate further?

You could turn on logging with following steps:

1. Copy the file C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Nsight Systems 2021.1.1\host-windows-x64\nvlog.config.template to the working folder of your target application.
  2. Rename the copied file from “nvlog.config.template” to “nvlog.config”
  3. Rerun Nsight Systems and launch a trace.
  4. Look for a file named nsys-ui.log at the same directory.

You can upload the log file to this thread or send it via email (more private) to: devtools-support@nvidia.com

Doron

Hi dofek,
Thanks for your reply, I’ve uploaded the nsys-ui.log

Sergey.

Hi,
I have found a workaround for my problem. It looks like nsight injecttion logic is flawed. The cause for a hang were some global constructors calling into cuda. As soon as I made a specific dll with those global constructors delay-loaded, the issue went away.

Regards,
Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Can you share what CUDA calls did your global constructors make that conflicted with Nsight Systems injection?

Thanks,

Doron

Hi Doron

cudaFuncSetCacheConfig

Regards,
Sergey