Nvhpc 24.3: unsupported Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz

As stated in the title, nvfortran compiler in the nvhpc 24.3 does not compile on a machine equipped with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz, issuing the following message: “nvfortran-Error-Unsupported processor”. The version I used before was nvhpc 21.5, but I would like to upgrade to the last version.
Is there something to do, or is this one an expected behavior of the new version of the compiler?
Thankyou in advance for eventual replies :)

Yes, this is expected. As noted in the release notes, the compilers require CPUs that support AVX (i.e. Sandybridge or newer).

Basically we were losing quite a bit of performance in our math and other runtime libraries having to support these older discontinued processors. We knew it would impact a few folks, for which we apologize, but was necessary in order to help the wider community.

Hi Mat,
I see… thankyou for your reply. As a last question, could you please tell me which is the last version of nvhpc still supporting that discontinued cpu, and, eventually, from where to download it?
Thanks again :)

If I remember correctly, this change started as of the 21.9 release.

So if you want to stay with 21.5, you should be ok. Though if you wanted to move to the 21.7 release, this and other older versions can be found on the NVHPC Achieve page:

Thanks a lot, Mat :)
Best regards