Nvidia driver not loaded after reboot, but loaded after shutdown and boot

Hi.

I am on fedora server 39 with gnome shell 45.3 with X
My driver version is 545.29.06

I installed nvidia driver from rpmfusion according to Howto/NVIDIA - RPM Fusion
But after successfully installing, my nvidia driver is gone every time I reboot the PC with command reboot . I tried lsmod | grep nvidia from ssh when the screen have no output, the result is empty.

But if I force shutdown the PC and then restart after a few mins, the driver is magically back!
lsmod | grep nvidia

nvidia_drm            118784  12
nvidia_modeset       1585152  10 nvidia_drm
nvidia_uvm           3522560  8
nvidia              62394368  227 nvidia_uvm,nvidia_modeset
video                  77824  2 amdgpu,nvidia_modeset

I have also tried akmods --rebuild when the driver is not loaded, but after that, after running systemctl restart display-manager, the screen is still dark and lsmod | grep nvidia is still empty

Any idea why?

Here are my kernel command line parameters

BOOT_IMAGE=(hd2,gpt2)/vmlinuz-6.6.9-200.fc39.x86_64 root=/dev/mapper/fedora-root ro rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau modprobe.blacklist=nouveau rd.lvm.lv=fedora/root selinux=0 initcall_blacklist=simpledrm_platform_driver_init

Here is my nvidia-bug-report, it seemed to hang, but I still upload it anyway
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (321.0 KB)

Hi there @miyuki4737 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

Looking at the report log it brings up the question, do you even have an NVIDIA GPU in your system?

/sbin/lspci -nn should list the NVIDIA GPU as a VGA compatible controller but the only one in your log is

10:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Raphael [1002:164e] (rev c1)

Your Hardware does seem to recognize any NVIDIA GPU.

Hi, I can confirm similar things happened to my server. Reboot will cause the loss of whole nvidia device, which means you can’t see it in lspci output. Shutdown and start will bring it back, which is pretty strange to me.