nvidia-smi reports incorrect memory usage in windows7/8 x64

I posted in the wrong forum earlier, I figured this would be the better forum for the issue I’m seeing:

Basically the memory usage is incorrect for any card in WDDM mode. If I enable TCC for the (supported) offending card, it then reports the correct memory usage for the K6000, but I can never get a correct memory usage readout for any cards that are not TCC-capable.

This has been verified as a bug in 2 different systems, an MSI X79A-GD45 (8D) motherboard, as well as a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) motherboard, both with the latest BIOS versions.

See link below for further details and screenshots:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/638761/

Under WDDM Windows manages all the memory of the GPU. It allocates all available memory at boot time and you can’t use NVML to see how much memory is actually in use, you’d need to call some Windows API (from DirectX I think). NVML reports what the driver knows, and driver knows that all memory is allocated.
TCC is a different beast. Windows doesn’t manage the GPU’s memory under TCC so what NVML reads from the driver is the actual usage.

Hope this answers your question. Cheers!