Problem with K1 and Vmware View: Device 8:0.0 is already in use.

Have you tried 6.0 with the 2.4.3 BIOS?

You can see the vBIOS version in the NVIDIA Control Panel of the VM you can boot. It’s under System Information (bottom left corner) then scroll down to Video Bios Version.

Yes we have tried this too. We also tried 2.2.2 Memory above 4 GB setting enabled and disabled. Still the same. Now i have installed a windows 10 on the vm which is booting.

I can’t open the Nvidia System Management from vSphere client. So i installed the View Connection Direct Plugin but if i connect via zero client i only get a black screen.

Finally after reboot pcoip works.

External Image

A few minutes ago vmware has called me - they can’t do more for us. They say that nvidia has to contact them. Is there any possibility to buy a nvidia support ticket? We really need our grid cards and we cannot wait more time.

For Kepler series cards, your support is via the OEM you purchased the cards from.

It’s only with GRID 2.0 that direct support was introduced.

Ok so i will call DELL to hear what they say.

Whilst this is being investigated outside the forum one thing came to mind.

With the introduction of vGPU on vSphere 6 we (Nvidia) introduced 1:1 vGPU profiles of K180Q and K280Q to simplify management.

If the applications do not require CUDA, it may be worth implementing vGPU and using a K180Q profile in place of passthrough, whilst we resolve the issue with K1 in passthrough on vSphere 6.