Problem with NVIDIA Quadro P4000

Hi,
I have a Windows 2019 server with Hyper-V. I assigned an NVIDIA Quadro P4000 card to a Session-Host server (Windows Server 2019).
My first problem is that I don’t have the NVIDIA Control Panel.

The second problem is that when I turn off the base video card and it’s more than the NVIDIA, when I do benchmark tests, the NVIDIA card is not used in the task manager…

thanks for your help

Hi

If you’re connecting via RDP, not seeing the Control Panel is expected behaviour due to the way in which the GPU is being accessed. Use a different protocol to connect, something like HDX, Blast, TGX or VNC, then you’ll see it.

Regarding the GPU being used in tests, make sure you have it enabled via GPO:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Remote Session Environment

Enable: Use the hardware default graphics adapter for all Remote Desktop Services sessions

Regards

MG

Hi,

Do you know another software like Remote Desktop ?

where do i apply the gpo? on which server? server session host ?

According to this link, my Quadro P4000 card is not compatible with Session Host and does not support DDA, is it possible ?

Hi

Yes, mentioned above: HDX (Citrix), Blast (VMware), TGX (Mechdyne) or VNC.

VNC is free, try that first. However, why do you need to get to the NVIDIA Control Panel? What is it you’re looking to change?

You apply the GPO to the VM that has the GPU attached. You can do that either by local policy or if your VM is part of a domain, by a Server in your environment that has Group Policy Management installed.

The link you provided is for vGPU compatible GPUs, which you aren’t using. Your GPU will work in Passthrough / DDA.

Regards

MG

Hi,

if it isn’t too much of a problem I would like to clarify and confirm the results of this thread. I have an almost exact situation that I would like to implement.

in short:

You have a windows server 2019 where you have created a Hyper-V VM that is a Session-Host Server. You have then passed an Nvidia P4000 into the VM. Can I confirm the result that sessions of the VM will use the GPU resources? Does the host operating system lose the ability of RDP?

Setting the Group Policy below is required to use the GPU for rendering in RDP. This is true for Physical GPU’s, VM Passthru and even vGPU.

We use Tesla M10’s DDA Passthru on Server 2019 and without that setting apps like Autocad do not use the GPU.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Remote Session Environment

Enable: Use the hardware default graphics adapter for all Remote Desktop Services sessions

Hi,
The P4000 is uniquely planned with the exhibition that is important to drive vivid VR conditions. Also, you can make gigantic computerized signage arrangements of up to 32 4K presentations for every framework by interfacing different P4000s through Quadro Sync II2.