Problems Compiling 32 bit SDK examples on XP64 Bit

Hello,
I am having problem building 32bit SDK projects(both release and debug) on XP64 bit. The 64 bit build for the SDK projects is successful. Here is the build rule for the deviceQuery project.

nvcc.exe" -m 32 -ccbin “(VCInstallDir)bin" -c -D_DEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -D_MBCS -Xcompiler /EHsc,/W3,/nologo,/Wp64,/Od,/Zi,/RTC1,/MTd -I"(CUDA_INC_PATH)” -I./ -I…/…/common/inc -o $(ConfigurationName)\deviceQuery.obj deviceQuery.cu

when I build the deviceQuery project for win32 configuration in VS 2005, I get linking error as follows

Linking…
deviceQuery.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cudaGetDeviceProperties@8 referenced in function _main

But when I build it for x64 configuration, it builds fine.

So I was wondering, what is it that is going wrong. Anyone who encountered the same issue?
Can someone from NVIDIA answer the query.

Driver on my XP64 bit machine is 174.55 with Cuda 2.0 beta SDK and tool kit installed.

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers!!

Sandeep

No one encountered this issue???..Looks like I am doing something very silly, that no one encountered this issue…

Though I have not test.
I think, maybe, you can setup the x86 cuda toolkit on a win32 box, then copy the x86 toolkit to your x64 box, change some environment parameters if it is necessary.

Thanks hgyang…I will try installing 32 bit cuda toolkit

SOLVED:
This is how I solved it. I installed the 64 bit SDK and toolkit on the system(XP64 bit) . So with this present state, I am able to build 64 bit CUDA apps. Now on another machine(XP32 bit) I installed the 32 bit SDK and toolkit. On that machine I can build 32 bit CUDA apps. So then I copied the C:\CUDA folder from the 32 bit machine to 64 bit machine as C:\CUDA32. And thats it. Then I am able to build the 32 bit apps. Anyone who wanna try this needs to be sure that when building 32 bit apps one needs to give the paths to lib and include folder from 32 bit folder rather than from 64 bit folder.

I guess it will not be a bad idea from NVIDIA to allow the installation of 32 bit toolkit if already there is 64 bit toolkit present and vice versa.

Thanks hqyang for the suggestion.

Cheers!!!
Sandeep