Problems in RT Kernel Installation

Continuing the discussion from Jetson AGX Orin - RT Linux without reflashing:

Hey I have been working on that the last weeks, and after building the RT kernel, I replaced the Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/ with / of the Orin, and my orin is now in a inconsistent state. I connected it to display port, but only gives me black screen (i attempted fn12,8,2, etc). I don’t know how to solve that, and to really install RT Kernel. If i can have more help i will be so grateful

Did you build the display driver?

If its apart from kernel installation guide, no I didn’t build the display driver. I only tried to follow the guide steps.

Of course it’s in the guide:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r35.5.0/DeveloperGuide/SD/Kernel/KernelCustomization.html#to-build-display-kernel-modules

I didn’t know that was necessary to build a display module to have GUI, i thought that was included. Now that i replaced the rootfs/ → / without display module, what can i do for solving that for having GUI or check that RT have been installed correctly?

You can still access the device with serial console to continue compilation.
Also, I don’t know how you come up with the idea of replacing the whole rootfs; it’s very dangerous.
Please don’t do it and install only the kernel image and other kernel modules.

You recommend me to replacing the whole rootfs, i deduced that was the correct way.

If you are compiling natively, just replace every Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/ in the document with / on your device.

So how i should install only the kernel image and modules?

NO, I just mean whenever the document mentions Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/, it means / on your Jetson.
I’m not telling you to replace the whole rootfs…

Replace /boot/Image to update the kernel. Put kernel modules into /lib/modules/($uname -r)/.

Okay thanks. Ill try again with this steps after repairing the Jetson to any stable state.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.