I’ve spent a week reading logs, forums, etc, and trying all of the suggestions. I just can’t seem to get it to work.
I have a VM with Debian 11, and a K40m passed through with a device mapping.
I have already done this successfully with a 730 on another VM on the same physical machine, but the same steps aren’t working with the K40m.
I tried reading through the bug report, but it doesn’t tell me enough to get this working.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (80.9 KB)
- I’ve tried both the nvidia-current, and nvidia-tesla-470 drivers.
- I have nouveau blacklisted in the VM.
- I have the device disabled on the node.
- I’ve tried removing and re-adding the bridge.
- I don’t see anything that says there are issues mapping memory, or saying there are power issues.
- My sensors say that everything is running at 39 degrees C.
I see the driver loading, then it goes to RmInitAdapter failed
Aug 24 11:49:31 lapp kernel: [ 12.772500] nvidia-nvlink: Nvlink Core is being initialized, major device number 248 Aug 24 11:49:31 lapp kernel: [ 12.773017] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 470.182.03 Fri Feb 24 03:29:56 UTC 2023 Aug 24 11:49:31 lapp kernel: [ 12.998366] nvidia-modeset: Loading NVIDIA Kernel Mode Setting Driver for UNIX platforms 470.182.03 Fri Feb 24 03:18:06 UTC 2023 Aug 24 11:49:31 lapp kernel: [ 13.266289] [drm] [nvidia-drm] [GPU ID 0x00000610] Loading driver Aug 24 11:49:31 lapp kernel: [ 13.266705] [drm] Initialized nvidia-drm 0.0.0 20160202 for 0000:06:10.0 on minor 0 Aug 24 11:49:31 lapp kernel: [ 23.179822] NVRM: GPU 0000:06:10.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x22:0xffff:667)