R32.3.1 JETSON TX2 PLATFORM ADAPTATION AND BRING-UP GUIDE problem

Missing Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide Display Configuration and Bringup that is mentioned in “Porting the Linux Kernel” section, DA_08477-002 | 9

Hi Terry,

Please refer to Kernel Customization section at NVIDIA Jetson Linux Driver Package Developer Guide, see https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fkernel_custom.html%23

Sorry this does not say anything about how the nvidia software works and changes needed for the device tree to enable a mipi dsi device.

Looks like a swing and a miss, strike one.

nvidia is not seeing the mipi dsi board I have plugged in. There is no dsi clock being supplied by nvidia, I have power but am missing clock. The documentation you pointed to assumes the display is bing seen!

Hi Terry,

You didn’t mention clearly that you want to know “how the nvidia software works and changes needed for the device tree to enable a mipi dsi device.” at this topic. Please be more specific on the issue you met, and continue on those topics you opened to get the full picture and supports.

I need nvidia to supply documentation that will allow me to add a mipi dsi display to the system.

Currently dsi is not even up so plugging in my mipi dsi board does not even see and dsi clock.

Please give me a device tree or a snippet of a device tree to bring up dsi, and configure nvidia for some supported board, I can change the dsi to match my display device.

Hi Terry,

Please refer to our post at R32.3.1 mipi dsi lcd - #5 by WayneWWW

We don’t know how you do the rework with original devkit carrier board, not idea how your issue happened, you may need to check the DSI spec, OEM product design guide, then create your custom carrier board as solution.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you.

Is there a document called OEM product design guide?

Here it is:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/jetson-tx2-series-oem-product-design-guide