"Riva can be deployed free of charge up to a certain usage limit" - clarifications

Hi,
I was going through the Riva Enterprise offering, trying to understand what the offering is, and what it means for Riva that I currently deploy.

Riva Enterprise FAQ says “Riva can be deployed free of charge up to a certain usage limit” right after saying the SDK is free.

I think they mean the Riva Enterprise offering can be deployed free for a trial, correct? Can someone clarify this please. Is the SDK free, but NVIDIA will somehow charge for deploying it? Is Riva Enterprise a managed offering?

We are inception program partners, but have not had much luck getting much expertise or assistance from NVIDIA regarding Riva, and would like to explore our options. If anyone has experience with this that they could share, do let us know!

Hi @ShantanuNair

Thanks for your interest in Riva

We have few pointers below regarding your query

• The Riva License will allow authorized users within an entity to use a Riva Product up to the maximum amount of 1,000 hours per day with respect to ASR Usage, and 25 million characters per day with respect to TTS Usage. The exact license terms will be published along with the upcoming Riva software release.
  • For enterprises looking to deploy at a scale above the daily usage limit for ASR and TTS, Riva Enterprise is a paid offering including an annual usage license option, enterprise-level support, and priority access to new offerings, software patches, upgrades and maintenance releases.

Learn more about Riva Enterprise here.

Thanks @rvinobha
Can you please clarify your first point. Is the ASR usage counted for riva self-hosted deployments? Right now we have deployed on AWS, and don’t have such limits. Does this change with future releases?

If so, I need to update my team on this, rather bad news. It would be honestly, disappointing. Despite previous discussions being brought up about licensing and roadmaps, this was never hinted at.

I’ve gone through all the Jarvis/Riva/Nemo seminars and articles, including marketing content, and never saw anything indicating that we wouldn’t be able to fully self-deploy Jarvis/Riva free of cost or that this is the direction it would take, in fact, quite the opposite.

2 Likes

@ShantanuNair I would like to echo your comments. This is a sudden surprise, and not a happy one. Although I understand wanting to get paid for your efforts, as far as I can tell, there were no discernible warnings for this license change. I sure hope the Enterprise program is fairly priced. We are in the midst of product development in which ASR is key, including market/pricing models that are now suddenly wrong.
I’m curious how this effects the use of Riva models that have been customized with proprietary TAO training.

According to an email I received yesterday, the usage limit only applies to the new Riva 2.0 software.

Riva 2.0 is free of charge for both development and production use up to a daily usage limit. Earlier Riva versions will continue to work unchanged.

Of course that could change between now and when the finalized license terms are eventually released.

1 Like

Hi @ShantanuNair

Our team had been working on determining the right business model for Riva as part of the Riva Public Beta program and we believe we have been able to put together an enterprise license that is fairly priced. ASR usage is counted for self hosted deployments as well - all deployments are self hosted - Nvidia does not have a managed service offering for ASR today.

Hi @BGreenway

ASR Usage with Riva models that have been customized with proprietary TAO training also counts against the cap. We do believe that the Riva Enterprise License is fairly priced and delivers significant value for customers who would like to achieve best possible accuracy with customizations and flexibility of deployment.

Hi, what is the current licensing situation for Riva ASR? The current EULA only authorises usage in Non-Production environments, and there doesn’t seem to be any mention of the 1000 hours cap for unlicensed instances.

Hi @sjpritchard

I will check with the team and provide response

Thanks

Hi, any update on this? I’ve tried contacting your sales team twice now via Riva Sales Contact me Form with no response.

HI @sjpritchard

I have earlier asked inputs on your query and now mentioned about the Riva Sales Contact me Form with no response to the Riva Internal team, will shortly get back

Hi @ryein

Apologies on that,

i will update the team again on this

Hi @rvinobha. Your last response on this was a little while ago now. Is there any update on the licencing, free use of Riva, Enterprise Licence costs etc? I’m trying to find this out with zero success. I’m looking possibly to use Riva for ASR and need to understand what the potential cost implications will be for running in a production environment processing over 1000 hours of audio per day. I cannot find ANY information on the enterprise licence costs. I’ve submitted requests for information several times now and had no response. Any ideas?

HI @david397

Customers can use Riva free version for POC/testing. Max daily usage limit is 1000 hours in production environment, this comes without any NVIDIA support. Customers can purchase Riva Enterprise with NVIDIA support for a fee

please reach out to the below link for Riva Enterprise

Thanks

Hi @rvinobha. Many thanks for your response, that at least clarifies that we can create a POC without the licence, so thank you. The problem is I need to understand the potential costs of the enterprise licence to know whether this is viable for us as a long term solution. I’ve completed the sales contact form twice now without any response. Is there a phone number I can call to speak to someone directly? If I can’t understand the costs involved we simply can’t consider Riva as a potential solution.

UPDATE: My boss has finally managed to make contact with the NVidia sales team (through other means) and we have a meeting to discuss commercials in a couple of weeks time. Thanks.

Hi, Is there any information about the potential costs of using Nvidia Riva? I completed the Sale Contact Form several times but no response yet. Please let me know how to contact the sale team

HI @david397 and @kynd

Apologies, I will let the team know that there are no responses from form

Thanks

Hey @david397, did anything come of this?

@rvinobha can you please share the latest status on riva self-hosted deployments

CC: @ShantanuNair