run openpose on tx2 fail, who can told me what is wrong ?

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/openpose$ ./build/examples/openpose/openpose.bin --camera 0
Starting pose estimation demo.
Auto-detecting GPUs… Detected 1 GPU(s), using them all.
Starting thread(s)
F0914 14:52:00.239889 17205 syncedmem.hpp:22] Check failed: error == cudaSuccess (30 vs. 0) unknown error
*** Check failure stack trace: ***
@ 0x7f86d8b718 google::LogMessage::Fail()
@ 0x7f86d8d614 google::LogMessage::SendToLog()
@ 0x7f86d8b290 google::LogMessage::Flush()
@ 0x7f86d8deb4 google::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal()
@ 0x7f861b2bb4 caffe::SyncedMemory::mutable_cpu_data()
@ 0x7f861bdcfc caffe::Blob<>::Reshape()
@ 0x7f861be33c caffe::Blob<>::Reshape()
@ 0x7f862b9ca4 caffe::InputLayer<>::LayerSetUp()
@ 0x7f8617ecd8 caffe::Net<>::Init()
@ 0x7f86180ed4 caffe::Net<>::Net()
@ 0x7f86ee0c38 op::NetCaffe::initializationOnThread()
@ 0x7f86f45f5c op::PoseExtractorCaffe::netInitializationOnThread()
@ 0x7f86f594e4 op::SubThread<>::initializationOnThread()
@ 0x7f86f59ab8 op::Thread<>::initializationOnThread()
@ 0x7f86f5df60 op::Thread<>::threadFunction()
@ 0x7f86c7b280 (unknown)
@ 0x7f8548cfc4 start_thread
Aborted (core dumped)

Hi,

From their GitHub, they don’t support Jetson platform officially.
Please check more information here.

Thanks.

I’ve built and run openpose on Jetson TX1 a while ago. In my experience I’ve mainly met 2 problems.

1. openpose does not work with OpenCV 3.x. Reference: https://github.com/CMU-Perceptual-Computing-Lab/openpose/issues/221. So I just built and ran it with the stock OpenCV4Tegra (2.4.13) on JTX1.

2. With the default configuration, openpose ran out of memory and crashed. I solved this problem by specifying a lower-resolution image as input to the underlying neural network. For example,

./build/examples/openpose/openpose.bin --camera 1 --net_resolution 320x176 --render_pos 1

Note that I used camera #1 (/dev/video1), a USB webcam, instead of the on-board MIPI camera (/dev/video0) for this testing.

Hello, jkjung13, thanks for reply.
openpose does not work with OpenCV3.x, there are some issues on compiler:

.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imread(cv::String const&, int)' .build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imencode(cv::String const&, cv::_InputArray const&, std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator >&, std::vector<int, std::allocator > const&)’
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imdecode(cv::_InputArray const&, int)' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status Makefile:631: recipe for target '.build_release/tools/compute_image_mean.bin' failed make: *** [.build_release/tools/compute_image_mean.bin] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... .build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imread(cv::String const&, int)’
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imencode(cv::String const&, cv::_InputArray const&, std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> >&, std::vector<int, std::allocator<int> > const&)' .build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imdecode(cv::_InputArray const&, int)’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:631: recipe for target ‘.build_release/tools/caffe.bin’ failed
make: *** [.build_release/tools/caffe.bin] Error 1
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imread(cv::String const&, int)' .build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to cv::imencode(cv::String const&, cv::_InputArray const&, std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator >&, std::vector<int, std::allocator > const&)’
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to `cv::imdecode(cv::_InputArray const&, int)’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:631: recipe for target ‘.build_release/tools/convert_imageset.bin’ failed
make: *** [.build_release/tools/convert_imageset.bin] Error 1

Errors detected. Exiting script. The software might have not been successfully installed.

Errors detected. Exiting script. The software might have not been successfully installed.

Hi jkjung13 thanks for your great help, Now I can run openpose on Jetson tx2,

thans again !

@gang10.liu, the problem of OpenCV-3.x you’ve shown above appeared to be not able to build Caffe. In fact, I’ve been running Caffe with OpenCV-3.3.0 on Jetson TX2 without any problem.

I’ve shared my experience about how to build OpenCV-3.3.0 and Caffe on Jetson TX2 in my blog posts. Feel free to take a look.

“How to Install OpenCV (3.3.0) on Jetson TX2”: [url]https://jkjung-avt.github.io/opencv3-on-tx2/[/url]
“How to Install Caffe and PyCaffe on Jetson TX2”: [url]https://jkjung-avt.github.io/caffe-on-tx2/[/url]

Otherwise, as stated earlier, I’ve successully built and run openpose on Jetson TX1 before, with OpenCV4Tegra (2.4.13.x).

The Openpose github repository now has instructions for installing it on the NVidia Jetson TX2 running Jetpack 3.1

https://github.com/CMU-Perceptual-Computing-Lab/openpose/blob/master/doc/installation_jetson_tx2.md

With exception to the wrong path for execution it seems to work great. Right around 9fps using the recommended net resolution along with a Logitech C920 USB 2.0 camera.

it works well [ but slow, in my case] with tx2, but have anyone succeeded executing it at Xavier?