Running Yolov5 on Jetson Nano

I’m trying to setup Yolov5 on my Jetson Nano and I am having a difficult time getting all of the packages installed. My issues seems to be on what version of python the dependencies rely on. It seems like Yolov5 only works with python>=3.7. I have installed python 3.8 and 3.11 from the JetsonHackNano Git to get around this.

Next big problem is getting PyTorch installed. I’ve gone through the PyTorch for Jetson forums page and successfully installed torch and torchvision but I am only able to install up to 1.10.0 version because I am on Jetpack 4 which means it runs on python 3.6. In python3.6 I haven’t been able to install ultralytics because dependencies require a newer python version.

Now I am kind of stuck straddling between having pytorch and torchvision installed with python3.6 but no ultralytics but having ultralytics installed in a virtual environment with python3.8 but being unable to install pytorch because the torch wheel is unsupported for python3.8 on Jetpack 4. See below:

ERROR: torch-1.11.0-cp38-cp38-linux_aarch64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

Am I going about this wrong where there is in fact a way to get Yolov5 working on a Jetson Nano with jetpack 4? Do I need to flash another SD card with Jetpack 5 and is it even possible to run Jetpack 5 on a Jetson Nano?

Perhaps my issue is that Yolov5 used to work with python3.6 but the newest versions don’t so I need to use an older version. Has anyone tested this?

Any advice on next steps would be great!

Here are a few of the forums and guides I have been looking at:

Hi,

JetPack 5 doesn’t support Jetson Nano.
Please stay on JetPack 4 instead.

Have you tried the document below:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.