Same Code on different Cuda Card

Hi,
I am have C++ executable that makes a call a dll having certain functions. In the DLL, i make calls to CUDA kernels. On a given system having Tesla C1060 card, this works perfectly fine.
Now i have moved to another system where i have a GeForce 8500 card. I have moved the whole solution (in VS 2005) to the new system. The compilation is fine, but when i run i get the following error at the first call to cudaAlloc() API.
First-chance exception at 0x764c42eb in OlyImageBuilder.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012ec14…
First-chance exception at 0x764c42eb in OlyImageBuilder.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012ec14…

In the 2nd system, i could able to run the sample programs from the CUDA SDK. Those run perfectly fine also.

Does anybody have come across similar problems?

Any pointers would help a lot!!!

Regards
Baral.

Hmm - could it be an out of memory issue? The Tesla C1060 has a LOT more memory than the GeForce 8500… How much are you trying to allocate?

If that doesn’t appear to be the problem, make sure you have the latest drivers and the newest version of the Cuda toolkit installed.